Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Payback 2023 *Spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cody to SD now Jey to Raw?

Rhea dressing like Chyna

WHAT????????

This is the first time Nakamura has main-evented a WWE PPV????

I know they made a b*llocks of him but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭ThePott

Really solid PPV.

Lynch/Trish was excellent even if their feud has been up and down. If Trish is done she went out on a banger and think Zoey Starks is elevated too.

LA Knight and Miz was pretty good and I think it was good that Knight didn't just come off as a friend of Cena with them both being faces, I'd love at the very least a promo between Cena and Knight if not a programme.

Best match of the night for me was the tag match, delighted the Judgement Day won (and that Finn is a grand slam champ). The match was wild and I loved it, they really protected Owens and Zayn too. Their reign has been lacklustre and TJD is the right call imo.

Nakamura/Rollins was pretty good, damn I wish Nak won, ending was a bit meh too. Loved the anime intro and was expecting Muta to get involved. He attacked Rollins after so maybe a rematch at Fastlane (but he won cleanly so IDK), if nothing else please don't squander Nakamura after this.

Didn't expect the Jey return and man he is over as rover, hope they do something good with him and manage to make the Bloodline interesting again.

The less good stuff was the Theory/Rey match. It just wasn't anything special and Theory is pretty dull, he needs a new persona or something. Rhea/Raquel was okay but dragged, Raquel is another person that just hasn't managed to get the audience invested in her and it showed in this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thought the show really died a death after the Tag Team title match

Funny enough, there's often complaints about some matches not getting enough time, but tonight felt the opposite. Lot of long entrances/outros and filler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

But what reason is there to care about Raquel ? None that I could think of watching the match last night.

I honestly don't think I could add or take away anything from that post.

Summed up the night perfectly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Why does Kevin Owens hate his tailbone?

I worry for KO, he puts his body in some perilous situations

I assume KO and Sami are taking time off for injuries

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like Raquel a lot, but the issue is Rhea has become such a force of character and charisma, such a star, that she makes a lot of women look lesser. And while I think Raquel is good, she's nowhere near Rhea's level right now.

I hope they can transition into Rhea vs Becky at some point, cause I feel Becky might be able to actually provide a proper foil to Rhea.

Tag match was wonderful. So happy for Finn, and it keeps JD around a bit longer. Cage match was brilliant as well, and utmost respect for Trish to come back and have that level of a match. If that's her goodbye for a bit, she's gone out brilliantly.

Cena vs Knight felt the direction they were going to me, and if so, I'm looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭ThePott

You're absolutely right.

There's little reason to care about her. She has potential but there's nothing to her character at all. I think the fact she is a 3 time tag team champion says it all. They don't know what to do with her except stick her with a random woman to make a team.

She's a big woman who has ability but hasn't shown anything outside of that and the problem there is that Rhea while not as big already comes off as a bigger threat and more capable wrestler. She needs a character because being tall and showing your back muscles isn't enough. She's like Omos at the moment, outside of the height what is the appeal?

She did some decent stuff in NXT from memory but she has nothing going for her right now that Rhea isn't doing a better job of.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Talk that Becks is NXT bound for a bit so I reckon Mania might be her and Rhea

Have Raquel keep tossing Dom around to get her over with the crowd 😄 there is more to go in her Rhea feud but there match last night was a bit flat, they have had good matches in NXT and as said above Rhea's strong mami persona has taken her to the top it's difficult for other less stronger personality females to get the audience behind them even though she is heel

Rhea against Becky or Bianca has potential down the line

I'm surprised no DQ once Dom got involved

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just when you think the end is near for Judgement Day (pun not intended) they grow from strength to strength

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sami was the most over babyface for a full year Wrestlemaina to Wrestlemania and wins the tag titles in the main event of Wrestlemania and then goes on 5 months of nothing before dropping the titles and back to what looks like mediocrity.

I see the future for LA Knight right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What gave Trish the lump? Seemed to happen early enough.

Cody bringing Jey would make more sense if it had been an exchange for him to go to SD.

Was expecting a Punk-like name to tweet the Grayson Waller Effect so was watching the ticker.

Was just thinking as it was ending, when was the last time the next feud was set up at a PPV rather than the next weekly show? Like someone coming out to attack Seth.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The cage I think. I was sure one of them might up bleeding.

I think injuries and no decent lengthy build feud for the tag titles hindered Sami and KO's momentum, kinda all went downhill, standstill after WM

I would like to see Sami get a world title singles reign

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She can join New Day as a unicorn

Advertisement