Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CX tires on Zipp 303s

Options
  • 28-08-2023 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Who's running zipp 303s on a cx setup tubeless and what tires your using ?

I tried to set up a set of maxxis allteranne today, they sealed up fine and hold air but they don't seem centered on the rim. Best way to describe it they look like a badly setup tubular and there's a slight wobble when spinning the wheel. The tires weren't new i ve used them last year on hooked rims could this be causing the problem. I dont want a run them if i think they might burp under low pressure.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sounds like they aren't seating correctly. Are you pouring in the sealant before seating? Slowly go around the edge where the tyre meets the rim and see is it uniform to the line a few mm up from the rim. If its not, take the tyre off, rub a small bit of fairy liquid onto the bead and reseat, try and inflate without sealant, and once properly seated, then pour in the sealant via the valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Tyre has been on and off a bunch of times, it just looks like that tyre is not suited to zipps or because it wasn't new and was used on a hooked rim before . I'm using tubeless for 10 years now never had problem setting any bike up before

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've tried a few different gravel tires on mine - I've found most tires a bit difficult to seat on them, I've had to use an air compressor

i tried again, this time i pumped them to 70 psi , tires sitting perfectly on the rim now. Just needed that extra few psi to seat proper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Are the 303s the hookless version? If so, Zipp doesn't list the Allterrane as being suitable for those rims.

• Advertisement

maxxis lists it as compatible with hookless rims, giant also lists it as compatible on their hookless rims

They didn't fall off either yet

Advertisement