Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Autumn/Winter 2023/2024

Options
  • 28-08-2023 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,298 ✭✭✭✭

Obituary.

The Gone

Hidden Asstes.

Other series include living the country, Donald feasts, fasts and festivals, Siesuin, Richie Sadlier talking about sex, Bazzs Money List, Fittest Families to name a few

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Not much in the news about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Butson

Grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,298 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 28,299 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Bit strange airing a documentary about the Stardust tragedy... given the inquest is still running \ about to resume.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I feel like they're getting poorer every year. The documentaries especially this year look bad

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drserious4

'A range of content on the Climate Crisis'

That should be a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,469 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You have to laugh at that bellend Philip Boucher-Hayes who told people to check their privilege when taking flights has been given a show where he travels around the world to tell us about Climate Change, what bloody idiot signed that off?

Climate of Change, Philip Boucher-Hayes journeys to examine the effect of climate change across continents and assess the implications it will have in Ireland.

His previous "check their privilege" comment...

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

The same old same old here it would seem ... the likes of First Dates, Dancing with the 'stars' and Fittest Family need to go ... as for Hidden Assets ... not sure if it deserves a second season ... the first went out with a whimper and was as a whole not that strong ... no match for Love/Hate or Kin ...

Speaking of Kin ... no mention of season 3 ... anyone know the status ?? ... it would be a more adding salt to the wound if they didn't show this and kept showing the rubbish mentioned above ,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Split47

Hope they go bankrupt soon, who would miss RTE? I hope everyone cops on and stops paying the tv licence tax to pay for these clowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,380 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There will be also be new Irish drama in the form of Obituary, a dark comedy about a bored obituary writer who takes matters into her own hands, as well as six-part thriller The Gone, starring Grey’s Anatomy’s Richard Flood.

https://www.buzz.ie/tv/rte-autumn-schedule-2023-30805297

Kin series two didn't Air until the late Spring this year.

Apparently the third season is made nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

Looks like we’re going to beat over the head constantly about the climate stuff if you never move past watching rte.as a station it’s finished and no loss either

The climate in Ireland/Europe has been awful since around June 2022 ... with more lightning than ever before .... four months into that Ukraine war ... all the pollution from that is bound to have had an affect ... but nothing will be said about that because one side is arming the Donetsk Republic to the teeth and the other side is arming the Kiev govt to the teeth ....

It should be mentioned though ... Kin 2 was mentioned this time last year ... I don't see the point of this 2nd/really 3rd season of Hidden Assets aka Acceptable Risk ... the first 2 series of that were dull enough taken as a whole ... like Smother I feel it should never have gone further than 1-2 seasons ... The Dry is another one that should not have got a second season ... was able to only watch part of an episode of that before I tuned out ... same goes for Sisters ... some of the other dramas planned do not really sound great either ... if Kin 3 is shelved in favour of all these mentioned stuff then RTE have not learned anything ...

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭CONSI

Wow not much to write home about there. They will flog the world cup for all its worth and hope Ireland progress far into the tournament. They will show games, have a highlights show, have some kind of rugby podcast show thing aswell no doubt...they are going to show us the World Gymnastics Championships where we might have 1 person, but didnt show the world athletics championships when we sent our largest ever team..Donnacha O'Callaghan, great servant to irish and munster rugby, but 2 TV shows, some hidden camera thing and fittest family...seriously...

Not much to write home about .... that is an understatement!! ... The Rugby World Cup is a godsend for them ... after that I don't know ... relying on cr@p like First Dates, Dancing with the 'Stars', Ireland's Fittest Family and yet another hidden camera yoke with those idiotic 2FM breakfast show presenters ... that sounds like they have no idea at all and are happy to keep pushing the worst rubbish at us ...

As for the dramas ... Hidden Assets was poor and the rest sound not great ... like the Dry season 2 !! Season 1 was useless ... meanwhile the US gives us The Last of Us and the UK Gangs of London 3 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭NorthDown2

I'll go against the flow a bit - Hidden Assets was ok, I'm fine with it getting another season. IFF is good, but I do wonder with the loss of the long serving presenter and one of the coaches if this wasn't the moment to rest it. I suspect it has not many more seasons in it. Another drama that RTE might have bought into tbut there's no sign of its season 2 is Harry Wild - it doesn't seem to have appeared on Acorn and I think it did a Kin and recorded Seasons 2 and 3 together.

TLL may be rejuvenated with PK, I hope so. The Hidden Camera show is a format that has been done better by other shows, it's entirely derivative - the pilot from Christmas doesn't bode well for it imho.

Some interesting things - Foclóir Brille looks potentially interesting as does Face Down. Unsure about the number of climate change programmes lurking there - seems that it could be a bit overloaded in the topic. Raised by the Village is a heart warming series that is still worthy of another run, no mention if Dermot will have his Room to Improve - only Super Spaces.

Also it's worth going to https://about.rte.ie/2023/08/28/2003980/ as the press release mentions programmes that are not in the page on the RTE news website - Ar an sliabh looks interesting and Bog Amach (which must be co produced with BBC NI as they have listed it in their new season schedule). The one real hidden gem, which I'm hoping is not a one off documentary - Manchan Magan is presenting Listen to the Land Speak in the press release. I don't see a mention of it in the News website.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,299 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Didn't do anything for me but at least Hidden Assets has gotten picked up elsewhere e.g. BBC4

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

@NorthDown2 They also showed Harry Wild in Spring/Summer from what I remember.

Hidden Assets was ok but nothing that would excite ... it started off with promise but its obvious low budget shone through in the end ... it is one of many Irish series where the finale is actually one of the poorer episodes ...

I have mixed views on Hidden Assets ... first off HA itself was a rebranding of Acceptable Risk ... like North Sea Connection and other such dramas ... HA started out showing promise ... but quickly sank into the usual descent towards a lame finale ... I don't know why these series turn out disappointing but they always seem to go down a road where they run out of steam ... at least it was better than Striking Out and Taken Down but then again that wouldn't be hard ...

IFF fits ... forgive the pun! ... into the category too long on ... when it came out first it was something new but it has run its course ... same goes for Room to Improve, At Your Service and Dancing with the 'Stars' ... that Baz quiz should be watchable at least ... but the smutty First Dates Ireland should be removed off our screens ... as should the related Valentines Late Late Show ... these smutfests need to be gone and are insults to intelligent people ... the hidden camera thing could be so bad it is good !!!

II would not hold out high hopes about the Late Late Show from what I am reading .. it will be like Tubridy sans the more serious elements ... that means it will be more airhead TV ... at least it is shorter though ... so if there is someone decent on the longest one has to wait is about an hour ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭billyhead

I don't pay the TV licence to watch the Muppets and shite on RTE. I pay it because I have a TV in the house and it's the law.

Any new US shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭NorthDown2

@freshpopcorn I think the spring / summer were repeats of Season 1, most of which got shown on Channel 5 as well.

I loved Harry Wild first I remember of it was in about Spring/Summer 2022 on RTE one.(I can't remember it being on before that).

Fairly sure it was repeated this Summer.

Update on Kin:

Kin: RTÉ provides update on future of popular crime show | JOE is the voice of Irish people at home and abroad

I hope RTE will make this possible ... they need to ... if they don't I would feel they could have used the money they used for all the inferior stuff to get Kin on our screens ... we do need Kin 3 ... we do not need The Dry 2 or Acceptable Risk/Hidden Assets 3 ...

This strike probably means no new US shows made for the moment ... this will mean there will be none ready to go for now ... am looking forward to The Last of Us 2 and Handmaid's Tale 6 ... but they will be probably made in 2024 at the earliest ...

• Advertisement

We could get some last season's new shows from US

Chicago PD has not returned new to RTE yet in some time

Grey's Anatomy and Blue Bloods seems to be the only US shows new seasons are showed on RTE

Advertisement