Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning a hen party - two course or three course meal?

Options
  • 28-08-2023 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Hoping to get some insight as I’m planning my friend’s hen party - everything is pretty much done apart from the dinner booked and most restaurants I’ve looked into offer set prices for groups. Offering either two course or three course. 

Just wondering can anyone advise based on hens they’ve been to if a two course or three course meal is more popular? It’s a per person charge and everyone will have to pay in advance so wondering what’s the best option to go with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's been a while since I was at a hen but I'd probably just go for the two courses.

My thinking is there will probably someone on a diet of some sort, so they most likely won't want 3 courses.

Then if anyone is a fussy eater, they may struggle to find 3 courses they like so end up paying for food they are not going to eat.

Then budget wise, I appreciate the difference is usually only a tenner or 15 quid but that could be a lot for someone that's already a bit stretched.

Then depending on what the plan is after dinner you may not want to be stuffed to the gills either.

You could always do a WhatsApp pole and let the attendees vote on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,351 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

2 courses, leave room for alcohol.

Advertisement