Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do people get resistance training plans from?

Options
  • 27-08-2023 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Currently looking to build some lean muscle as I shift some stubborn body fat.

I used to work with a coach online who would give me training plans but found it too expensive for what I needed.

I found a good plan online which involved 4 resistance training sessions in the week.

The breakdown was as follows:

1. Upper Strength

2. Lower Strength

3. Upper Hypertrophy

4. Lower Hypertrophy

I found it good but I need to change things up a bit now.

My question is, how do people get their plans. Do they build it themselves or pay for one from professionals etc?

Would appreciate any good resources on how to build a plan for the different needs too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

People generally get plans form coaches, or use freely available well known plans. Most of the time when somebody posts a plan they made themselves, they are pretty bad unless they really know what they are doing.

Is if the goal build lean muscle or shift stubborn fat. Why is the fat stubborn, aka How is your diet?

If you find the current program good, why change it?

What are the actual exercises and sets/reps

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Agree with Mellor's overview above.

This thread is worth reading also, it mentions many 'classic' programmes that you could use. Never mind the 'beginner' tag, they are suitable for almost everyone.

Beginner Strength Programmes — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

Advertisement