Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone fudging the discount and contract dates

Options
  • 21-08-2023 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I ordered broadband with vodafone on 26/9/2022. Setup was done on 11/10/2022. All very sound and it's been good for the past year.

I'm coming to the end of my discount on 26/9/2023 and they're going to jack it up to €90. No thanks! Blacknight will do it for €63 if I pay upfront.

I called to cancel since I know you need to give them 30 days notice and of course you can't do it online. When I called they did offer €70 instead.

I was told that my contract actually expires on 11/10/2023! So there's an extra two weeks there on the €90.

Not going to break the bank but very sneaky of them.

I've filed a complaint, we'll see what happens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Broadbadn contracts are usually from the date your connection goes live and not the day you signed up. If you have the first bill from Vodafone you should be able to see the first date you were billed from.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

Which makes sense, but why is my 12 month discount expiring after 11.5 months? The discount should expire with the contract, not earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

It seems inconsistent to say the discount and contract dates are different, the discount is surely an intrinsic part of the agreed contract.

They have also recently made a big deal of doing away with increased pricing after intro periods so you should be able to get better than €70 from them (currently they offer 1Gb for €50 which should be available to existing customers per their marketing).

Blacknight are one of the most expensive on the market, so if you can avoid them...

Look on siro.ie for providers

They have also recently made a big deal of doing away with increased pricing after intro periods so you should be able to get better than €70 from them (currently they offer 1Gb for €50 which should be available to existing customers per their marketing).

this is the 2gig package so €70 is the current price, plus it goes up with cpi.

Blacknight are one of the most expensive on the market, so if you can avoid them...

I'm an existing customer plus you can pay the year upfront, works out cheaper than my current package.

It seems inconsistent to say the discount and contract dates are different, the discount is surely an intrinsic part of the agreed contract.

Inconsistent isn't how I'd put it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

If you log onto your Vodafone account on the web (doesn’t seem to be working on the app), under My Records it should have copies of your contract and welcome letters.

On mine I’ve a contract and welcome letter dated 3rd October which is more generic, then on 17th October when my service went live, I’ve an amended contract and welcome letter listing my discount for 12 months and install date.

I’ve been with Vodafone in the past and the discount was 12 months from the install date not the sign up date. What did support say when you informed them it wasn’t installed until the later date?

On mine I’ve a contract and welcome letter dated 3rd October which is more generic, then on 17th October when my service went live, I’ve an amended contract and welcome letter listing my discount for 12 months and install date.

I only have one contract and one welcome letter date the order date., maybe that's the root of the problem.

Vodafone have come back to me and confirmed the discount applies until the end of the contract. They wouldn't admit every bill they sent me has the wrong date. Oh well.

Advertisement