Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement router to work with Poynting Directional antenna

Options
  • 20-08-2023 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I'm using Three's €29.99 monthly 4G broadband plan at home, and I'm not tied to a contract anymore. Apparently, they're rolling out Fiber internet in my area in about 6 months. So, I'm not really keen on getting into any new 12/24-month contracts.

I've got a couple of questions and I'd really appreciate your thoughts:

1.) I need to switch out my old Huawei B525s-23a 4G/LTE router. I've got a 5G-XPOL-A0002-10m Poynting Directional antenna for GSM/3G/4G/5G. If I get my hands on an unlocked Huawei B818-263 4G/LTE Router secondhand, do you think my external antenna would work with it? I guess I'd also need 2 x TS9 Male to SMA Female Adapter Cables.

2.) Do you have any suggestions for other routers that could work with my antenna? Or maybe just better options out there?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement