Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Askaboutmoney.com - Awful moderating, or just making up the rules for the people they like

Options
  • 18-08-2023 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Mods not sure if this is the right forum for this.

Is the askaboutmoney.com website renowned for their awful moderating?

There has been a lot of chat regarding the scenes at ATM's on their site, they have used some questionable language to describe some of the people. Brendan Burgess has the opinion that everybody who queued up at the atm and withdrew money had no intention of ever paying it back.

I didn't agree with his statement, I said some people who would have been opportunist and took advantage of the situation to go and put food on the table a little bit earlier in the week and that some children would have went to bed with a full tummy as a result. or somebody got a new clutch on the van and this could have helped them tax the van so they could drive to work in peace as there are some genuine working families out there struggling.

I know there were some questionable doing some silly things like buy TV's but somebody in the public domain should really think about slagging off a certain cohort of people when he actually has no evidence of their business being in a the Q.

Just for the avoidance of doubt I was not one of those people in the Q. I transferred money to my Revolut account not believing what my husband was saying to me as he often comes out with random stuff. Safe to say I was quite shocked when it worked so I sent it back to my BOI account like a normal person, not a thief.

So moral of the story is do not reason with these moderators, they just ban you when you challenge them on fairly reasonable points- which they think are rubbish but they will happily call people scumbags and low life's from their Ivory Tower.

Comments

Advertisement