Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Recruitment Freeze Limbo

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 timmy123456789

Great to hear you got your start date. I am in a similar position to a lot of others here. Currently waiting on my references but everything else has come back clear. Just wondering how long your references took?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 flexor

@Lollipop95 please any news for Allied healthcare professionals. I accepted a job offer on 14th September, did my pre-clearance checks and garda vetting as well but haven’t gotten a contract from the HR, i have emailed severally but no feedback yet for a start date or contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Hey,

I had to keep chasing the HR team in the end. If you haven't received correspondence from occupational health on your pre-clearance, I would email them again. I was 2 weeks waiting only for HR to tell me that the OH team should have confirmed they received. Once OH confirmed they had received my email, it was 2 weeks and then a further 2 weeks for references to clear. I would contact my references in advance if doing it again and make sure they are able to fill out the form, as I had a bit of hassle with mine which delayed things.

Once all references have submitted the form, HR will then email your manager and copy you into the email and your manager will then contact you with an agreed start date. Once that happens, you will then receive your contract.

Also, if you haven't heard back from garda vetting, I would confirm with HR if it was required. Garda vetting also delayed things 2 weeks for me. HR sent me out the vetting form, I filled it out and hadn't heard anything. I followed up with them after 2 weeks of not hearing anything only to be told it wasn't actually required for my role. I'd definitely keep checking in with them as there can be oversights.

Overall, the process took just over 6 weeks for me from receiving an expression of interest to receiving a start date, although I'd add on an extra couple of weeks if garda vetting applies

Thanks for the info, I did wish the HR get back to me this week. I have checked with my references, they have all replied. OH have given the HR feedback on my behalf and i have emailed correspondence i received from garda vetting to them as well. Just wish i get this start or contract this week

@Lollipop95 please i would like to know is your start date saying this year or next year January 2024, because the news says the freeze is for the remaining of months of 2023

• Advertisement

This year for me anyways - I actually saw a thread on Reddit and someone said the freeze seemed to apply to Grade 7 and upwards so maybe all those under are safe. It could depend on department too

• Registered Users Posts: 15 timmy123456789

@Lollipop95 How long did it take for someone to contact you about a start date once your clearances were complete?

Was pretty much straight away - like a day or two later once the final referee had sent in the form

• Registered Users Posts: 3 waterhappy

Hi just wondering if someone can help me. I was interviewed and accepted a nursing position in November interview was after the recruitment freeze was announced. All recruitment process is completed. Had bloods checked for occ health approx 6 weeks ago. I was informed not to give notice to my current employer until all this was done. Wasing contact with hr and informed all pre checks were completed so I handed in my notice and finished my current position. Now I've been out of work for a month waiting on start date. Was in touch with CNM and was informed that they have escalated my post and requested a derogation which they believe is in progress. Does anyone know how long this process takes or if they can now tell me the position is no longer available do to the recruitment freeze. I turned down another position for this and am very stress. Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭joe1979

If this is the HSE I am not being smart but you should not of handed in your notice in your old job until you had a start date and contract for this role. Passing all checks is not an official offer.

My spouse took 7 months from initial offer to start date they were that slow. And that was fast by all accounts. Looking for a derogation means that the post has not been approved and has to be assessed. This wont take a week. It will probably be a few weeks if not a couple of months. This is the HSE. I could be wrong and I hope I am in your case.

I do not know what your area is in nursing but maybe keep looking at agency to keep you working and getting paid and working in your area of expertise.

Best of luck anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 waterhappy

Thanks for your help. I've been in care of the elderly for 15 years. In private sector so I really wasn't aware of all of the above. Thank you

Advertisement