Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling quote

Options
  • 17-08-2023 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Been quoted €950 for tiling kitchen sink splashback, also tiling wall behind cooker, and also 3 splashbacks behind 3 small en suite sinks.

price is for supply of materials and labour.

Less than 10 square metres in total I’d say, but does involve removing kitchen window board.

does this seem reasonable?

kildare area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Materials and labour for all of that, sounds about right for what's being done!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Get an itemised quote. Its sounds a bit on the high side for me.

Is that Johnny Cash?

I had a man do 2 halls for me, roughly 20sqm for 500 labour. Granted tiles, grout, etc werent included but still though. Would love to see the cost of labour on that quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It all depends on the quality of the tiler. It's a good price for a good tiler but a very expensive price for a bad tiler. Long story short, I'd be more concerned about the end result compared to the overall price. Not all tradesmen are created evenly

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭FledNanders

Fair point.

The guy comes highly recommended by multiple sources so I guess you have to take that into account

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You can't expect any tiler to price a job like the one you need done by the square yard/metre, jobs like that would be priced on a day rate or hourly rate plus the cost of materials.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
Advertisement