Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods please delete thread

Options
  • 16-08-2023 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Please delete thread

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭Tork

Doireann, you seem to have a track record of being let down by your friends. Maybe it's time to take a long, hard look at where you stand with them. Are they really your friends or are they acquaintances? Do they actually like you or do they tolerate you?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Do they tolerate you?

I've NO next of kins myself, nor inner circle of friends to speak of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭airy fairy

You've got acquaintances, not friends. Or if they were good friends once, they certainly aren't now.

Don't dwell on it. See this as an opportunity to broaden your interests, take up an evening course for the winter ahead.

Don't expect much from anyone. Leave new people into your life, but don't expect the bestfriends lark.

And I certainly wouldn't contact them. You will have your chance one day to express how you feel hurt by their actions (or lack of). They will contact you at some point, but leave them be til then. Imo.

• Administrators Posts: 13,771 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Doireann, I knew this was going to be your thread as soon as I saw the title. As already mentioned you've had very similar threads before.

Now I'm going to put my hand up and say, I'm a good friend but I can very easily forget occasions, significant or otherwise in my friends' lives. Friends don't always remember what I'm doing. We all have busy, full lives. If you haven't spoken to them since the end of July, maybe they forgot you had surgery. I had a procedure recently. It was a day case. I had mentioned it in passing to a couple of friends but did not hear from any of them on the day. Nor did I expect to. The only ones who contacted me were my work colleagues. Who remembered purely because I wasn't in work. My own mother didn't remember or contact me! I was speaking to her a few days later and mentioned that the doctor said everything was clear. Then she said "Oh, yeah.. how did you get on". I honestly don't expect people to contact me, and I don't get upset when they don't.

I'm not sure if your friends are inconsiderate or if you expect too much. There is a pattern of you getting upset at perceived slights from your friends. But yet not wanting to address it with them. Upset you haven't spoken to them for a while but not wanting to contact them either. The incident of ignoring your text about your birthday in isolation could be considered very rude. But going by your history with these friends and getting upset and annoyed at them for the smallest of non-issues, maybe they are in fact tiring if you. Maybe they find you too intense and needy.

I honestly don't know. Nobody here does. The only people who do know are your friends. But if you don't want to be honest with them and talk to them about it and how you feel you'll never find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

To be honest, there's nothing anybody here can add or help with when this situations keep happening to you. If they are friends you should be able to discuss it with them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Very bad form from them, these people are clearly not your friends, or indeed people you should even want to be friends with, if they ignore you like that at times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Thread closed as the opening post has been deleted by the OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement