Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat/Skoda automatic gearbox

Options
  • 15-08-2023 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Is it the same gearbox in these two car makes only asking as the one in the Skoda says DSG on the gear lever and the one in Seat has nothing on it. Are these two car makers not owned by VW so I thought it would be same engine and gearbox in both

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it’s any way modern then it should be DSG. There are a variety of gearboxes in use, and not all DSGs are the same as each other either.

What Seat are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭tenreds

Looking at Seat Ateca/Skoda Karoq around 2019 time to change car and like the look of these so trying to figure which one to go for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭User1998

Theres a couple of different DSG gearbox’s but yes they are all DSG nonetheless.

I don’t know why Skoda says DSG on the gearstick when VW/Seat doesn’t. I suppose Audi says S-Tronic on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

Both owned by VW so use the main components are the sand and they just tweat for each brand. So engine, gear box etc will all be the same

So as my wife was looking at 7 seater the kodiaq, Tiguan Allspace and Tarroco are all the same car underneath.

Just a point to note while the cars share a lot of the same components the suspension in the Seat is supposed to be better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement