Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Rolex

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭Homer

How many people have been in to the new Rolex boutique in Weirs? They’re claiming that they will have significantly more stock as they have made a substantial investment in the new showroom .. still couldn’t sell me a Pepsi GMT when I asked though 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Haven't been to the boutique. I put my name down a while back, not a dickie bird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I think it’s a nice fit out. Obviously branded well as a Rolex space .Nice to see the trays full even if you can’t buy them for now. It’s not long ago since you couldn’t even try one on so at least that’s a step in the right direction

Post edited by scwazrh on

• Registered Users Posts: 64,837 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Was also in the new Rolex "Boutique" in Weir's today. Much better than it was but the professionalism of the staff leaves a lot to be desired. Tried on black Skydweller on jubilee, Wimbledon DJ on jubilee and Sprite.

I said the Sprite was 40mm wasn't it? She said no, 41mm. I insisted I said it really is 40mm, isn't it. Which she just denied. Honestly there were maybe 30 watches in total. How hard is it to know a few basic facts about each of them

And silly me put on the destro Sprite upside down first, immediately realising what I did - automatic reaction 😂 Wimbledon was quite tasty

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anything actually for sale there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭893bet

Id say she was very impressed with your knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭scwazrh

yeah tbf a bit of staff training would be expected but they probably get away with a basic knowledge when dealing with the majority of customers. A wis will always be a challenge for them. When I was last there I was wearing my Tudor dark Chrono which is a limited edition piece for the all blacks in 2019 . The sales rep had never seen one or even knew of its release despite also selling Tudor.

Wimbledon dial 41mm DJ would be my choice of what you tried but I would be biased .

At least they were very clear on that. When I asked to see the new boutique, the first thing they said was: "nothing for sale here"

I obviously also had to enquire about the Deepsea Challenge. If they could give me a call if they ever got an even "exhibition only" one in, could they give me a call so I could try it on. The fella showed me a pic of one still in the protective plastic on his wrist on a Rolex do they had been to abroad, it looked insane on his tiny wrists 😁 the lady then told me there is zero chance one would ever come to an AD in Ireland. Rolex told her directly that about 3 or so of them went to ADs in the UK per year. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Who the hell buys a Deepsea Challenge? It looks like something made for demonstration purposes. It's crazy big

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭H_Lime

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mdo

Same here in the USA but I purchased a Sub LV, a Sub No Date and a GMT Sprite since early 2022 without making additional purchases. Some say I'm very lucky. I visited at least ten Rolex AD's before narrowing it down to two...I seek out the oldest most experienced SA or store owner by phone and follow up with visit to the store. I send a text or email every few months to reaffirm my interest. My shortest wait was three weeks for a Sub LV and 13 months for the Sprite. I'm on the list for a GMT Pepsi and told I might get the call by mid 2024 or early 2025....While in Cork this past Dec the rep at Keanes told me I would have to spend at least 20K in the store to have a chance at a Sub. I said no thanks I only pay MSRP and don't make unnecessary purchases. My method works for me here in the states....There's always Chrono24 for those who seek instant gratification at a cost of $5K-$10K above MSRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

To be fair, most watch sales people cant be expected to be watch nerds but basic things like size should be known. I find main dealer car salesmen the worst. I generally know more about the car they are selling just from reading their own brochure before going in there. Shocking laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭jefferson73

Heathrow London at the moment, skydweller and two datejusts available this one being the better one in my mind.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭jefferson73

£6450 for the datejust

Advertisement