Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro Inverters in Ireland

Options
  • 14-08-2023 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Is there any installer working with micro inverters in Ireland? from 8 quotes I have got so far all of them use string inverters and no option to use anything different. It even goes to the point most of them are married to an specific brand of inverter i.e. Solis, not saying it is a bad brand but it is curious the level of "monopoly", 7 of my 8 quotes include this inverter and only 1 with Huawei inverter.

I like the scalability and flexibility of micro inverters, can add more panels without the need of upgrading existing string inverter or adding a second not mentioning the level of monitoring can get with them. All comes with a premium cost but it is not that high comparing to the overall cost of the installation. A 5kW Solis inverter can cost over 1300 euros while 18 micro inverters enphase IQ8 plus can be around 2600, twcie the price, yes but here we are talking about 10% - 20% of the overall cost installers are charging for 6kWp or 7kWp today, for me the extra cost of micro inverters worth the money but my question is; is there any installer in Ireland who offer micro inverters? I haven't found one, maybe is an issue of lack of distributors here?

Comments

Advertisement