Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP in Swords

Options
  • 13-08-2023 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have recently relocated to Swords in North Dublin County. Could anyone kindly provide recommendations for a suitable GP in this area for me to register with?

Thanks in Advance

P.S. I wasn't sure about the category, so I posted in Helpdesk.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Help Desk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

A lot of the GPs are very overworked so will tend to prioritise people living in the area before taking on new patients from the other side of swords

So I'd recommend just looking up the two closest and starting there

FWIW I've found Ridgewood Medical Center to be very good

Also if you have medical insurance through VHI there's a Swiftcare clinic in Airside which is really good

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

@OP, I was with Ridgewood Medical Centre from 2007 to 2023, I left as I felt the service has slipped and its not a good service anymore. One of the Female Doctors left and the others are all over worked and stressed. The waiting room is terrible, no air con and its always full with kids on the free medical card and last time I was there I had to take a seat on the stairs as the very small waiting room was full to the brim , PS there is no lift either if you are disabled.

I left RMC just recently.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Children having medical cards is government policy and indeed cross party policy. It is being expanded too so something that will be a permanent fixture. Not a specific problem to one practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 asbtw1

I called

1. Swords Family Practice Surgery

2. Dr Niall Moore, GP Family Practice

3. Boroimhe Medical, Centric Health (near to my home)

No one is taking new patients. However, we are under regular medication. What would be the option for us now?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

D Doc in Swords medical centre should be able to help

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gracemarie

There's a new GP in Swords, only opened this week - Millers Glen Medical. Hopefully they're not full already!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

D-Doc are only an urgent out of hours service. They do not take on patients themselves, they just cover participating practices out of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I know that already, your not telling me anything new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

I with Salus Medical Clinic beside Penny's on the main Street. I find them good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

They're hardly besides Penny's, more accurately opposite Eddie Rockets but yeah.

Advertisement