Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed Supplier

Options
  • 10-08-2023 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi. I am considering buying a wooden garden shed with steel roof and pressurised timber -- the old one is over 20 years old and starting to fall apart. I am surprised at variances in price. Timbertrove are quoting EUR 3,197 for a 2.4m * 4.2m fully pressurised wooden shed with a steel roof (i had them with my old shed and was very happy with it). However mcd sheds have a 14 ft * 8 ft (4.26m * 2.43m) for EUR 2,132 - this is also fully pressurised with a box profile steel roof -- this is almost 1,000 EURO cheaper -- am I missing something - the specs seem similar - is it a no brainer that I go with MCD -- i will ring both suppliers to discuss but would like to get some neutral feedback -- thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭con747

Have a look here https://shanettesheds.ie/ they have a good reputation and are fairly well priced.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 geezerbutler

Thanks for that con747 - I had a look at shanettesheds.ie and it appears that a concrete base is needed for their steel sheds - adding to cost. However I notice that clane sheds provide steel sheds without need for concrete base -- I will look into that also. However wooden sheds served my purpose well for 20 years so thinking of wooden shed again but perhaps with steel roof

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭con747

Don't forget Shanette say they install for free within 100 km of their base so it cuts down on costs but as you said maybe other options to way up and make a choice then.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luckycat007

We purchased an MCD shed about two years ago, no issues it's been terrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Inforapenny

Can you go and view sheds from Timbertrove & MCD? Would give you a better idea of their quality seeing in person.

• Advertisement
Advertisement