Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Addiction centres?

Options
  • 09-08-2023 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've been struggling with addiction to alcohol and prescription drugs (codeine, valium, and zolipdem). I was wondering what the best centre was. I have VHI insurance and would be looking on staying only for a month.

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Solid step you are taking, where are you based?

Beverly Hills, California

If you can get to Dublin easily, St Patrick’s Hospital is a long established mental health treatment facility, and it has residential programs, including the quiet and calm residence of St Edmundsbury in Lucan where my late father was treated for depression. There is continued aftercare too, can be remote I believe.

They are a medical facility so can treat the physical withdrawal symptoms as well as the psychology aspects, and they can treat any comorbidities as they have a full team of experts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Closed pending review

• Administrators Posts: 13,771 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Start with the HSE helpline. They will be able to give you advice on what you need, and what type of programme might suit you better. Try not to go into treatment thinking you are going to stay a maximum of a certain amount of time. Until you speak to your care providers you won't really know what you need. The average programme seems to be at least 12-13 weeks. With some programmes up to 20 weeks. There are programmes too which are 28-30 days. Your best bet is your GP to start with and the HSE helpline above.

There are a number of places

Cuan Mhuire

Aiséirí

Private Psychiatric Hospitals, St. Patrick's and St. John of God

There are many other treatment places and options. Speak to your GP and HSE helpline.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement