Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal injury process

Options
  • 08-08-2023 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I’m wondering in general how long it takes to from a defendant filing an appearance to getting a high court hearing? Is the high court still in back log since covid? Or at what stage after receiving a summons do insurers generally start taking it seriously and start negotiating in a personal injury matter please. Also is anyone else is at the early stages after getting authorisation to proceed from PIAB want to share their experiences so far. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

There's no way to accurately say. It depends on many factors. I know cases that were heard within two years and I know of other cases going on more than 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 evopat18

Thanks - I put the post up because I was curious as I see stories where solicitors drag their heels and was wondering what an acceptable time frame is. Thanks for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It's not usually in the solicitor's interests to drag their heels. The longer a court case takes, the longer it usually takes a solicitor to get paid.

Advertisement