Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well Drilling

Options
  • 07-08-2023 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I will need to drill a well for my house and I was wondering if it would be feasible for me to do myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

No.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No reason why you can't so long as you are competent in doing so and you aren't seeking a grant. Do you have the machinery to drill anything from 5 - 50 metres deep? Are you capable of lining it, fitting piping & pump and filtration system and testing quantity and quality of water?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No, it's a job for a professional.

Ask around in your local area for recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tmccar

Yes, I'm going to go with the professionals. I found one at €14 per foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Smart move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭FJMC

Had an uncle who drilled 4-5 times before he hit a reliable source of water.

I've used a diviner on a few jobs and that experience itself was amazing.

He was able to find water - estimate the volume- estimate how much we could draw off - and estimate the depth we would have to go to - all by divining - and he was very accurate on his forecasts. He even made forecasts about minerals, impurities, etc.

F

Advertisement