Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would a mobile app to track important dates and download CRO documents be useful at all?

Options
  • 07-08-2023 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

Non-accountant (software developer here). I asked a similar question earlier on on this forum and got a few helpful answers , This is a related yet different question.

I'm investigating if porting my FastUKCompanySearch mobile app to an Irish version would have any value for the Irish market. This means that that on their iPhone/Android devices people could

1- Add 'favourite' companies in bulk and view upcoming ARD Dates and

2- Get alerts for ARD(perhaps VAT dates too)

2- View and download CRO documents

My UK version does all of this for Companies House (except for VAT bit) and has a decently sized user base.

I am aware existing accountancy practice solution offer this functionality but as with the UK version, there is possibly a niche market where accountants/finance professionals prefer to have this information on their iPhone/Samsung devices.

Of course I could just 'build' it and see if it works but even the repurposing of the existing app is a non-trivial amount of work and I was hoping that the members on this forum could help me understand if there is a genuine need for this before I start.

Thank you very much

My previous post: Is the annual return date the same for 'most' Irish companies? — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

Comments

Advertisement