Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the annual return date the same for 'most' Irish companies?

Options
  • 25-04-2023 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

Newbie here. I developed this UK company search app (FastUKCompanySearch) which has become quite popular with accountants using it to track the annual returns date within England and Scotland. I'd like to now build an Irish version but as I'm not an accountant by profession, I'm struggling to understand if the annual returns date is 30th September for 'most' Irish companies? I'm getting conflicting information when I google this so I thought I will ask the community

In the UK it is different for most companies and accountants use the app to keep on top of what's returns are due next for their clients.

This is important because the app will only be useful for Irish accountants if the dates vary by companies.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Xander10

It falls 9 months after the accounts year end. Most companies prepare accounts to 31st Dec year end and therefore have a 30sept ARD.

If accounts are prepared to, say, 28th of Feb year end, then the ARD date is 30 Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That is the maximum it can be extended to, 9 months after year end

However, the ARD is actually based on when the company is formed

If a company is formed today 25/04/23, then their first ARD is six months after this, ie 25/10/23, with the final due date is 56 days after this, no financial statements due with the first B1

The next ARD is 12 months after this, so 25/10/24 with statutory financial statements due with the return

If the company chose an April year, ie first accounts are for 12 months to 30/04/24, after the first return with financial statements they can extend the ARD from 25/10 to 31/01 to give more time for the return to be made

To answer the OP, as the most common year end is December therefore the most common ARD is Sept 30th, the other return dates are spread across the year

Advertisement