Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about garden sheds/cabin

Options
  • 06-08-2023 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Need a shed/cabin to be for my teenage sons, games room and as a guest room too. Size 10ft x10ft or 8ftx12ft

A budget of 7/8000e

Pvc cladding, Polycarbonate, steel or timber? Which are better for insulation and warm in the winter?

What can I use for heating? Want to avoid electric heating as it would be costly to run

If I get a basic shed, could I put in insulation myself and would it be a cheaper option?

If not, when checking out sheds, what should I look out for or ask questions?

What type of wood?

Have been looking at sheds online and don't know what shed would be good. I'm clueless

Any suggestions/advice please

Thanks

Post edited by ClmAlfie on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Watching with interest, I think your budget is way off for the ask (2/3x), hope I'm wrong.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Having built a Finnish kit garden 'office'/shed, with a Polycarbonate wood shed lean-to extension, I would advise polycarbonate, because anything made of wood will rot and be eaten by slaters/wood lice in this sodden country..

If I had my time again I would build a shed entirely out of Polcarbonate. I had a metal roofed shed at a previous house and there was a large amount of condensation on the underside of the metal which dripped and saturated everything in the shed. Might as well of just had four walls and no roof at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement