Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment Agency for Accountant vacancy in SW

Options
  • 06-08-2023 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi all …. Is there a recommended Agency that is good for supplying accountant CVS for the Cork/Kerry area. We looking for Accountant in Tralee and Mallow areas. Have used local ads etc but am not convinced that this is productive and candidates to apply so far have not been what I am looking for

also wha5 agencies in Dublin would u recommend that I could use on the chance that may be recent Graduates looking to ‘get back home’ and might be interested in getting out of Dublin

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

I'd be looking for an account working remotely then. Check with colleges for recommendations. It's won't be easy to get an experienced accountant, but possible to get a beginner. However, you have to understand that you'll need to provide a decent training and support.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

A new kind of problem for Irish employers - finding candidates when the economy edges towards full employment. I'd say start with a couple of general discussions with the agencies with the objective of getting a feel for what the market is like in terms of availability and the types of thing that form people's decision points. I would not be expecting too many young people to be excited about leaving the bright lights for the countryside.

I did some work recently for a company that was struggling to attract young graduates and apprentices in the robotics sector and one of the big take aways is that it very much depends on how you present yourself. If you are the unknown guy with the dull ad on the page, you won't be getting the applications, in fact the candidates won't even bother googling you, they'll go for the know companies and the lively ads. So if you are an unknown doing a one off recruitment, money spent on ads might not be well spent.

If you fail to find what you are looking for, it might be worth considering:

• A remote worker
    • A mother seeking to return to the workforce
    • A retire person on a part time basis [I do this from time to time, during the winter for extra summer holiday or hobby money etc]
    • Off shore the work, if it can be done that way

I have a lot of experience of managing off shore and remote resources and if you do need to go down that road, in my experience you need to be able to put a lot of time into it at the start to make a success out of it. Doing something urgent off site for the first time almost always ends in tears.

Good luck with find the person you need. And may be come back and let us know how it went, so other can benefit from your experience.

Advertisement