Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple accounting software for voluntary organisation?

Options
  • 04-08-2023 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I see a thread from @ohlalalala last March has gone unanswered, but let me try again:

This is for a small non-profit organisation with no employees, just volunteers, that has to handle members subscriptions, event fees, professional fees, printing, website costs, etc.

Any suggests for accounting software? There is a spreadsheet at the moment but it's too messy and hard for a non-techy person to understand and trace the figures. Ideally free software, but maybe a low-cost one, say 10-20 euro per month, probably online so the job can be passed around the treasurer's role as it is rotated each year or two.

TIA

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Wave, Xero, Quickbooks...

Spreadsheets are for a well organised person, it has nothing to do with being a techy person. Nowadays any simple computer basic skills are crucial and if someone is having issues to understand accounting basics with spreadsheets, then I doubt that accounting software would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ThreeGreens

The basic sage online accounting package might suit you (€14 per month).

Xero is popular, but I wouldn't recommend it. I find it (as an accountant) too confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Interesting. I'm the opposite. I don't like Sage. An old software wasn't great, but a cloud based is better. However I dislike their customer service. And Xero looked simple enough to me... I'd advise the OP to try trial versions, if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

SortMyBooks.com would be my recommendation. Cloud based and 100% Irish owned.

Disclosure Note: We integrate our own payroll software, cloudpay.ie with this so I may be biased!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

Thank you all. SortMyBooks is way too expensive at €40/mth for the basic.

Looks like I could do a Xero trial and see how it feels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement