Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip ordered

Options
  • 03-08-2023 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

If someone delivers a skip at 11am do I have to pay for it eg I was not there .do the skip company need an order by email letter or txt in order that they can send out a bill for the unwanted service

Eg no one is at the house when the skip arrived do I still have to pay the bill even though I have nothing to put in a skip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

At the risk of asking the obvious, did you order the skip?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

You pay in advance for the skip so someone would have ordered it and paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Jazz Hands

Don't you pay for the skip up front when ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭nachouser

Ring the number of the side of the skip, give them your address, tell them you didn't order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bmc58

How many people live in your house?You have nothing to dump but could someone in the house have?Could the skip cmpany have made an errou with the address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Jazz Hands

That house has a long story

was.it the carpenter who got the skip?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Sounds like the trespassing carpenter has ordered a skip even though the OP must surely have reported the break ins and trespass to the Gardaí by now, while having the locks changed and the property secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I.m asking if someone delivers a service that you did not order are you liable to pay for it, this could apply to 4 hot pizzas , anything that go,s to your address ,the skip is just an example of a physical good that has to be delivered to an address to be useful to anyone and it has a minimum cost eg at least 200 euro ,

This is a simple question , if you did not ask for some service do you still have to pay for it even if you don't want it .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I mean this in the nicest possible way OP - have you anyone in real life you can have a chat with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Not a simple question. The example of a skip was a poor one, as they are paid for when ordered. Pizza is usually paid for when ordered. If there's a rare Cash on Delivery item, you can refuse delivery. Have you something specific in mind? You say a service. Is this work being carried out and somebody then looking for payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Every service you've asked about so far is one which is generally paid for before it's delivered. If someone knocked on your door with 4 pizzas and you didn't order them, I doubt they'll demand payment for them and instead call the contact number that's been given

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Could we combine these threads? Has the potential to be better than ‘I found a safe’!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Yes I have someone to talk to I just want the opinion of a legal expert ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Ring the skip company and get them to take it away if outside your house stating you didn't order or pay for one, very simple. This hardly needs a thread, and no, you cannot be held liable to pay for a skip you didn't order.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't just mean about the skip. You seem as if you might be a bit vulnerable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The answer to all your various queries recently is that you need to find someone trustworthy with more life experience to deal with all this for you. There are multiple charity and community organisations around that could assist. You are not going to be able to deal with this on your own.

Advertisement