Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal Warehouse Smokeless Ovoid Bulk Buy

Options
  • 03-08-2023 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭

Creating a separate thread for this. Mods, let me know if not OK and I can take it to PM specifically. Was going to, but can only send 5 people messages at a time it seems.

I've been in contact with Coal Warehouse and they've agreed on a discounted rate of €530 per ton of Smokeless Ovoids delivered if over 10 tons are being ordered. These would usually be €550 delivered, which seems to be the best price I can find from any suppliers I've checked, so the extra €20 off is just a nice bonus on top of this. Plenty of users (myself included) have ordered Smokeless Ovoids from Coal Warehouse in the past and been very happy with them - have a look through the longstanding coal thread and make up your own mind it they seem right for you. From the original post on the coal thread, there is enough interest to get the ball rolling. Here's how I see it working:

• Anyone that's interested can let me know on this thread. I'll edit the usernames into this original post to keep it updated.
    • This won't be ongoing and I won't be collecting up names on an ongoing basis. I'll provide the names to Coal Warehouse on the morning of Monday 7th August to give people a bit of time, so anyone who's interested will need to be on the list by Sunday.
    • Anyone who is interested will need to send me their name, Eircode and phone number by PM. If there is still enough interest by Monday, we'll go ahead and I'll send this on to Coal Warehouse so they can validate against it when taking payment.
    • Coal Warehouse will take payments individually from each person after this - you can call and they can take payment via card over the phone.

Some last points:

• I have no link to Coal Warehouse - I'm just looking for coal at a good price and it seemed like other here are too.
    • Once it's done, I'll probably ask that the thread be closed - I have no interest in being Mr. Coal in the long run :)

Current list interested (some of these have just asked questions, so let me know if you'd like to be removed from this list:

• bawnmore (x2)
    • naughto
    • jasper1422
    • Mondo44
    • manofthefora
    • Dazler97
    • Odelay
    • TTTT
    • doc22
    Post edited by Bawnmore on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jasper1422

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

I have plenty for now but don't think your idea will work. You don't need full names and addresses if each person is going to pay directly themselves.

I suggest you give each person a code to quote when they pay and let CW match this with your delivery order .

I went back through all CW Facebook posts since last October and in 2 places it mentions that delivery throughout Ireland is 40 euro . So if this is true today , then the saving is only a tenner.

You need to go back to CW for a better deal.

I have ordered from them a few times and I had to organise my own courier to Mayo which cost 80 euro. So unless something changed since you always had to organise your own courier when it was going South.

Check their last FB post with prices in May. This was a response to a post

Dominic Flanagan Hi Dominic, Delivery is €50 per tonne all over Ireland

24 pallets are delivered by covered trailer to the Dublin depot . 24 X 80e is 1,920 euro for delivery. This is daylight robbery if your figure of 80 is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭doc22

I'll join in if it can work

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I've ordered a few times previously, and it used to be the case where you needed to organise your own courier. Anytime I ordered like that, it came to 80 delivered to Connemara. It seems like they've now organised this themselves, at €50 for anywhere in Ireland.

Look, it's just an idea that might save people a few quid if ordering anyway. If it works, there very well might be a chance to do it bigger this time next year when everyone is back looking for coal again, but for bigger savings. I appreciate that the discount isn't massive in this case, but it's a discount off what already seems to be the lowest price out there for a ton of smokeless ovoids, from a supplier who many here have been happy with the quality of in the past. If there are 10 people who are up for that then great, and if not then no harm done.

I'll shoot a message to each of the people in the list above to make sure they're still interested. Will leave this thread open for comments or any more interest also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 verbat

i'd be interested, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EAMONN54

I am interested- but can only take 1/2 tonne ?

• Advertisement

Can't edit original post so full list here:

• bawnmore (x2) *
    • naughto *
    • jasper1422 *
    • Mondo44
    • manofthefora
    • 6541 *
    • Odelay
    • TTTT
    • doc22 *
    • verbat

Have PM'd everyone separately also. Have included a star against anyone who has confirmed and I have their details.

I'd say for this order, we'll keep it to one type (1 ton of smokeless ovoids) if that's OK, as it took them a day or 2 to take it away and come back with a price and I want to avoid being back and forth with them for variations.

So just to confirm - currently sitting at 6 tons total for people who have confirmed and sent contact details. Will be 11 if all of the above are still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭TTTT

I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

I'm in. PM sent.

Many thanks for setting this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I'd be interested in this. I'd be looking for 3 tons and CW are usually good.

Thanks folks - here's the latest:

• bawnmore (x2) *
    • naughto *
    • jasper1422 *
    • Mondo44
    • manofthefora *
    • 6541 *
    • Odelay *
    • doc22 *
    • verbat *
    • Yester (x3)

We're over the 10 with those who have confirmed, so it looks like it'll be going ahead. Will leave the thread open in any case until Monday in case there are any stragglers.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

Add me in please - sending PM

Perfect - done.

• bawnmore (x2) *
    • naughto *
    • jasper1422 *
    • Mondo44
    • manofthefora *
    • 6541 *
    • Odelay *
    • doc22 *
    • verbat *
    • Yester (x3)
    • orbital83*

• Registered Users Posts: 2 enochenochwhosthere

Can I get added too please. Sending PM

• Advertisement

Perfect - done.

• bawnmore (x2) *
    • naughto *
    • jasper1422 *
    • Mondo44
    • manofthefora *
    • 6541 *
    • Odelay *
    • doc22 *
    • verbat *
    • Yester (x3) *
    • orbital83 *
    • enochenochwhosthere *

Hi folks - we're good to go on this. I forgot it was a bank holiday today, so I'll give them a shout 1st thing in the morning and update everyone with next steps after.

OK this is good to go and agreed with Coal Warehouse at a lower price of €520 per ton delivered. I'll send everyone a message now letting you know how to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Ordered there now. Nice one on getting an extra tenner off.

No worries - glad it all went nice and smoothly in the end 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Was this the easy glo green bags? if so id be interested if you are ordering again..

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

All this to save a tenner and the likelihood that coal prices will fall much further.

For the op, trying to do things like this are almost always thankless tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

How do you no they will fall in price ?

I know what you mean, but this went pretty smoothly actually. Everyone who was involved was really responsive with info and all seems to have gone well (pending coal actually arriving, but I'm not too worried about that). Was a €30 saving per ton based on current pricing in the end so a saving for anyone who was buying around now in any case. We can't worry to much about the future.

• Advertisement

Well done for coming up with such a novel idea. I have enough for now but maybe next time.

Advertisement