Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovation/Modernization

Options
  • 02-08-2023 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

What sort of money would it cost to renovate/modernize a 150sqm house that hasn't been touched in 50 years? 3k per sqm? Would 150sqm do the house (garden can wait)

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/7-foxfield-heights-raheny-dublin-5-county-dublin/4716092

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Wow!

3k per square metre is crazy money for renovations.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭kevgaa

It really comes down to what you want to achieve and the finish kitchen etc you go for.

If it’s just retrofit with minor structural work, I reckon you would get everything you need to get above a B2 rating you could do it for 1000-1500 a sq metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

Agreed, absolutely fudging it here but 50k should get you EWI, windows and doors, add 15k if it needs a re-wire, kitchen 10k - 20k, bathroom(s) 10k - 15k and 5k to put in modern gfch with zoned controlls. The rest is cosmetic which you could have anywhere. If you don't need any construction as such 100k -150k would have that house tip top and a high b ber I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Agree with this

rewire 15k

replumb 15k

kitchen 10-20 depending on finishes

EWI 20k less grant of 5k

windows and door potentially 20 depending on UPVC or Alu and quantities

Advertisement