Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EV with 3 large seat

Options
  • 31-07-2023 12:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whats the current EV with the 3 largest seats in the back? Have a similar post in motors but interest in EV specific options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭eagerv

Tesla Model X, Model S, Audi E-Tron, VW Buzz. From the top of my head, I am sure there are plenty more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It’s likely the Peugeot e-Rifter or one of it’s sister cars as it has 3 individual seats in the middle row. No disguising it’s a panel van with seats and windows fitted though. Tesla Model Y or even an ID.Buzz have a sizeable rear bench as they boast quite wide bodyshells. After that it’s the likes of SUV’s like the ID.4, Enyaq, Q4-eTron, EQB, Ariya but they’ll be pretty similar in terms of rear seat space.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,847 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Citroen E Spacetourer, whatever the Opel equivalent is called

Think there's a 7 seater version of the Nissan Townstar as well

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Fisker Ocean. Not out yet but will be in the next 6 months sometime. Should start between 40 to 50k.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Neve heard of it. Must do some research

• Advertisement

Are you looking for a 7 seater or to put 3 booster seats across in the back seat?

I think a few folks have had 3 kids sitting across in the back of CUVs like an ID.4 but I'm not sure it'll work well for younger kids

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

One of the kids has sensory issues. That combined with an older brother and a booster seat makes the Leaf/qashqai difficult. Want to trade the qashqai and was looking at the ID4 but not sure I can justify the cost. The trim levels are piss poor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭joe1303l

A used ID.4 1st Edition (mostly 2021 cars) have good spec on them if you can find one at a sensible price.

If it was me, I'd give serious consideration to something like a people carrier or a 7 seater van

Means one of the grown ups can sit with the kids if one of them is particularly upset

Unfortunately, that rules out a lot of EVs

The ID.Buzz is currently a 5 seater but it's a bit wider so easier to fit 3 booster seats or throw one of the kids in the front and an adult sits in the middle in the back. There is a 7 seater coming in the next year or so

Plenty of battery and decent charging means long trips shouldn't be a problem. It's very pricey, but there's a few going 2nd hand on DoneDeal with significant discounts. Be prepared to pay over €60k however

The Citroen E Spacetourer is a real 7 seater with 3 rows of seats. It's somewhat cheaper, but the interior spec is....well it's based on a van, so not brilliant, but it's decent enough

Main issue is that only the 50kWh version is available here, there's a 75kWh version only in LHD. So you probably wouldn't be doing more than 200km in one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

You'd fit 3 car seats in a Tesla model Y, depends on seats and size of kids whether it would work for you.

For example you'd fit 3 of these, or two and a rear facing seat etc..

https://tonykealys.com/products/be-safe-flex-fix-i-size

It's a lot of car for 47k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,792 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Tonykealy's - blast from the past. That's where we got most of our stuff nearly 2 decades ago. Good crowd, good to see they are still around. In a quiet cul de sac near the maddest roundabout in Ireland in Walkinstown

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭eltoastero

I've got 3 child seats in an EV6. Note, I can't use any of the ISOFIX points to achieve this.

1x Maxicosi Kore - using the car seatbelt on child and seat. 1x Recaro Tian Elite - using the car seatbelt on child and seat. 1x MaxiCosi CabrioFix (with easyfix base, the base is seatbelted in, the Cabriofix clicks into the base).

Getting to the seatbelt points is difficult each time to get the older kids in, the seats are all touching if that bothers you (but it's' the same in a Peugeot 4008 with it's dedicated 3x ISOFIX points).

As they get older the task of squeezing them in should become easier (as the child seats tend to get narrower as the child gets older).

The Ioniq 5 will also work (I tested the same seats and found I'd slightly more room in the Ioniq 5).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There is also the Maxus Mifa 9 too which is basically a van with Windows but quiet luxurious, but expensive enough too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Have you been in the back of an EV? Without an Transmission tunnel they all have far more space in the rear than an ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

They must like their shops near mad roundabouts - the Cork one is at the Kinsale Road (aka magic) Roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

The lack of transmission tunnel is great for additional leg room but doesn’t help much with the width of mini-thrones that are baby seats.

Have it short listed down to the Model Y and ID4. Driven the ID4. Happy enough with that.

Trying to figure out when/how I can test drive Model Y.

Off the 2, the Model Y seems to have the bigger back seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭staples7

I’ve owned both, with 3 car seats in the back. Model Y does have more space. But the positions of belt clasps are better in id4 as there’s a bit of flexibility. Would still have the y all day long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

As they get older they'll eventually become full-sized people. ;)

Model Y ordered. Hopefully delivered before the weekend

Advertisement