Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Champions League 22/23

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

8 points for Estu and you're through, can easily see that happening

Quarter finals look like this. @patmac will you check but by my count I go through as I have 11 goals to your 10. If that's the case it's incredibly hard luck, Steele nicked a bonus point off Estu towards the very end

Semi finals begin GW23

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Do captain goals count as double? I reckon you still win 12-11. Anyway my own fault for benching Palmer. Funny enough if I hadn't bothered with Estu, Moreno would have got me through. Anyway great competition and best of luck to all left in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Congrats cdev on the win. I was scrambling this week hoping to hit a couple of big hauls to make up for my the transfer hits I took. It actually panned out ok, but fair play cdev you had a cracker of a score this week.

Thanks for running this green&red, it's possibly my favourite format of all the FPL comps we have on Boards. Was delighted to get a wee run in it to the knockouts this season.

Best of luck to all the semi finalists.

Just looking back, you've topped your group all three years I've run this and gone out at the quarter final stage each time. Hard luck to Ace too, his score would have won two of the other ties.

Semi finals are

Green & Red v Xander

Alz v Cdev

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 alz007

Hard luck Ace. I had resigned myself to being well gone after the first leg. Only checked this yesterday. I have my wife to thank on getting through. She is doing much better than me (50k in the world) at this game, and advised buying and captaining Jota. I was going to go Saka or J Pedro. The midas touch. Saved from the jaws of defeat. Great set of ties in this competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

Thanks again Green &Red for running it, congratulations to Xander and the 3 other on getting through to the semis .... Knew I was out early in the game week when Watkins (c) blanked..... What a troll, will never be in my team again...... Pencil me in again for next season,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I didn’t take anything for granted after first leg - as I said it was only one good captain choice - and with me having Salah, Son, TAA, Hwang and Haaland all injured I had to take a hit - I went and got Saka cause thought you’d likely captain him, but then saw you played WC and thought Jota was very good shout as long as he started. As it was others got your over the line as well. You need to go and win it now!!

like others have said it’s one of the best competitions about, will be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Xander10

I'm in a bit of trouble first leg and fear Haaland could finish me off tonight

Turns out, not too much trouble, I'd make you favourite, I hate my team! We're lucky to be playing each other

• Advertisement

So Cdev & Xander will contest the final, although it clear which was the stronger semi final, the beauty of the cup I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cdev

Hard luck @alz007. You pushed me all the way. I was worried when every Arsenal player except Martinelli was scoring for fun!

Best of luck to @Xander in the final.

Really enjoying this format. Thanks @Green&Red for running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 alz007

Well done Cdev. All the best in the final. I was on the wrong side of the draw unfortunately. After Foden's haul in the 1st leg, I knew it was getting away from me.

Shout out to Green & Red for organising. It's the best competition I'm in. Would love to go again next year. Cheers!

Sirry for the delay in getting this up, new arrival in this house this week. Final & 3rd place playoff is run over the next two GWs, good luck to everyone, except Alz obvs

Congrats on new arrival.

Best of luck cdev. I need to stop my run of red arrows to have any chance

Congrats @Green&Red on the new arrival.

Best of luck to everyone today.

15 minutes to deadline and I still haven't decided on transfers!

Nice lead for Cdev after the first leg, second leg in GW27

Well done cdev.

Your 2nd leg score of 97 left me with no chance of pulling back the deficit

Cheers Xander

When I saw you'd played the bench boost I was worried.

You needed a big game from your United players. Luckily for me they didn't do the business for you!

Yeah, I had to try something. It was BB ot TC. But neither would have been enough. We have a similar OR But you peaked at the right time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Congrats cdev. This along with the LMS are great fun to be involved in.

Congrats Cdev, hard luck Xander. Comfortable enough in the end. Final scores aboveground. I beat Alz to 3rd, some revenge for him knocking me out of the LMS. Can Cdev and Xander DM me your PayPal details and I'll get the winnings out today. 

Thanks to everyone for playing , we'll be back next season. 

Pm sent.

Big thanks to Green&Red for running the competition. First time I've played a format like this and it was so enjoyable!

You always need a bit of luck to win stuff like this and I managed to cobble together decent scores in the gameweeks that counted.

DM sent.

Thanks again for running.

Two Newbies made the final. I suspect the big hitters will be back next year to put us in our place😀

Prize money gone lads, well done again

Advertisement