Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffeeitalia.ie

Options
  • 30-07-2023 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any experience in terms of warranty support from https://www.coffeeitalia.ie? I was thinking of ordering a Gaggia Magenta prestige from them as I can't see it anywhere else but was wondering if anyone has experience of their after sales service? As I'd expect these type of machines to require support due to their complexity. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

They are not based in Ireland, despite the .ie name. All machines coming from Italy , not sure about the warranty, I’ll probably avoid them .

May I ask you , why did you choose this model?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scorpio82

Thanks alex76 that's what I was expecting. In terms of the model there's a large variety of pre programmed drinks, for the price and reviews the.machine gets there doesn't seem to be too much that do similar at that price range.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

They don't have a good rep at all that crew. I'd stay clear personally.

Home machine although I'm a bit wary of automatic bean to cup as they sound like there's a lot to go wrong.

• Advertisement

Why would you need many pre programmed drinks at home?

What do you drink anyway?

Just get simplest and cheapest Delonghi machine , they very reliable or go for Melita machines ( not as reliable as delonghi but brewing much better black coffee) . There is always Jura of course.

Post edited by alec76 on

Thanks, there's a few people will be using it so the variety is tempting, however so is reliability. Might get a delonghi as plenty of brick and mortar stores sell them which is useful if support is needed.

Just go with the simplest and cheapest. No one is going to use those preprogrammed drinks but you and only first month. ( too much hustle with the milk . too much cleaning. You couldn’t leave container with the milk attached to the machine for the day , basically you have to fill it with cold milk every time before use and clean it after every use).

Just learn how to froth the milk manually ( using steam wand I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I was looking at this site and in particular, Gaggia Magenta Plus.

Does anyone know of an alternative site to buy from?

I hoping to grab a deal when Black Friday begins. The site has a good selection but after a little research probably best to stay away, it would be a risk, unless someone here has bought off them recently.

• Advertisement

I'd say you are safe buying there , it is after sales experience could be shocking , like warranty repair etc

That does seem to be the number one gripe with reviews, the after-sales, and the warranty.

Why do you care for this machine anyway? If it is fully automatic bean to cup , get something similar locally or maybe of Amazon ( probably better directly from Amazon, not just fulfilled by Amazon),for easy free returns.

- Delonghi probably most reliable, working for years sometimes even with no service or cleaning . Coffee sh*t though.

- Melitta (Nivona) Much better coffee than Delonghi, but not that reliable.

- Jura . It is almost like buying Ferrari car , coffee is Great ( still not that good as you could get from semi auto for fraction of the price). But if anything goes wrong outside warranty period... They hardly DIY reparable.

ps Don't buy Siemens/Bosch, Phillips, Krups etc .

We had a Sage Barista and recently sold it. We stopped using it and it got very little use over the last year. The wife never used it, she wants an automatic. The Gaggia ticks the boxes, automatic and has a steam wand for the occasional flat white.

Delonghi full auto would be similar to Gaggia bean to cup machines for home. They both very reliable and both brewing pretty average coffee.

I looked at the De'longhi Eletta and few others on Amazon, i just don't like automatic milk frothers.

Here the manual milk frother for you

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Magnifica-ECAM222-20-B-Automatic-Soft-Touch/dp/B0BWSDQ9WT/ref=sr_1_47?crid=3CYD3KTTX17RV&keywords=delonghi%2Bbean%2Bto%2Bcup&qid=1700383078&refinements=p_85%3A20930949031&rnid=20930948031&rps=1&sprefix=delonghi%2Bbean%2Caps%2C58&sr=8-47&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.16386313-b7bf-4b29-bfa1-0d3d5f3a0dd5&th=1

Get the cheapest one , you might find better deal locally. Delonghi for €300 or €1500 brewing very same average coffee ( same grinder , almost identical brewing unit ) you just paying extra for the fancy LCD screen and more programmable drinks . I wouldn’t say Gaggia bean to cup for home any better in terms of espresso shot quality.

If you want seriously better machines then go for top of the line Jura (€1500-2000). I wouldn’t buy budget line of Jura , probably go with Melitta instead.

ps.Sage Barista still beats €2k Jura coffee quality wise if used by experienced person.

Post edited by alec76 on

I am not sure about the Milk frother on the De'longhi, the wand looks like it will texture the milk to a thick foam whereas the Sage, the steam wand you could get a nice texture and it looks similar on the Gaggia Magneta. I

Advertisement