Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 disc model €469.99 Smyths (and elsewhere)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Almost certain that is promotion is to clear stocks in preparation for the new version that will be released in September/October.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

I could be wrong, but I would prefer this version than the rumoured version of a removable disc drive.

€515 for a new console and 2 controllers isn't bad value. Sign up to PS Plus then and you'll be set for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I've a ps4 and paid for the premium subscription for the year 99e a month ago. If get a ps5 is my account able to lever the PS library on the ps5 as is or do I need yet another subscription?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Damn nice way to piss off those who picked up a console a few weeks ago!

I might jump on this as I'm usually on the wrong end of these and get the items before they drop in price 😆

Is the new version going to be a PS5 Pro though? I bought my PS4 Slim as everyone said the PS4 Pro wasn't worth it... wooh boy I listened to some bad advice there

• Advertisement

Yes, the rumour is that a slim model is coming soon, and that it will be digital-only (without optical drive). If you want to use discs you will need to buy a USB-C external optical drive (or there could be a bundle that includes it).

Some people might hear this news and decide to wait. Maybe it will be better, maybe it will be worse, we simply don't know. Some Playstation revisions made the console worse due to cost-cutting. Some made it better, quieter or more reliable. It's anyone's guess.

Anyway if you want a console right now, this is a good price because it's only €20 over the digital model. Seems to be plenty in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

Pretty sure the Pro model is a ways off yet, just the slim model coming first.

That's my opinion only :D

Advertisement