Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garrai Na Saili, Letteragh Road Galway City

Options
  • 25-07-2023 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Guys,

My wife and I have placed a deposit on a new home located up the Letteragh road here in Galway city. The developments name in Garrai na Saili built by Burkeway homes. We are wondering what that area is like to live in, hopefully advice by people already living around there. There is a previous development called Fanan by the same developer and it seems nice. We have not signed any contracts just yet but would like views from residents. Pros and Cons, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Good quality builds from this Developer, one of the big issues in the area is the lack of joined up footpaths in the area especially at the Circular Road/Letteragh junction, have heavy traffic inbound from rural West Galway City in the mornings (inbound) and evenings (outbound). Road is very narrow past the housing Developments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MMTheFanMan

Hi @anotherguy33. I am just wondering if you proceeded with this property in the end? My wife and I are thinking of placing a deposit down on a property also there and are looking for advice on the area. Appreciate any feedback, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

My sister is living there in breacan which is 20 odd houses on left up letteragh road and built by burkeway aswell. they are nice houses , well built and she found them decent to deal with as they not a massive builder company. she also had flexibility when bulding where she made tweaks with kicthen plans etc and they allowed her deal direct with kitchen fitters who were regans and she paid difference for extras from what they had allowed in standard spec. as mentioned above the narrow road can be awkward but it inly really affects you if your travelling up towards toonabrucky to go towards knocknacarra. they are widening the road in parts heading towards westside so would expect that to be addressed the more developement sthat go up that direction.

Thanks a million for the above information @mjp . Glad to hear your sister likes it and that it is a good neighbourhood. Burkeway are doing the similar plans with us to and with regans also etc. Yeah I hope the road gets sorted and hopefully a new footpath will be introduced of some kind. They kind of need to address it as you mentioned with all the new building going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jins1234

Hi

The footpath work is going on in front of Garrai na Saili Letteragh road.So that will be sorted soon.Also,letteragh road and rahoon area are equipped with many housing estates.Easy access to all amenities.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Great ti hear it has good access to all amenities

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Section in the paper edition of today's Galway Advertiser about planned footpath upgrades for footpaths in the area 2024. No clear commitment if the Circular Road Letteragh junction is to be tackled. Without this - access to said amenities is pretty restrictive via foot(and not great on the bike either)

There is a handy shortcut on foot or bike though via Cnoc an Oír towards Rahoon/Knocknacarra +there is a proposal to have a bus route along this axis in the Bus Connects plans for Galway City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 codf

Hey everyone, thanks for all the helpful info. We too have a booking deposit paid and are due to sign contracts on the coming weeks.

Saw the work on the footpaths when we passed couple of weeks ago which is good. A bus route would be great towards westside as the paths aren't great!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

Burkeway are quite flexible with changes which is good. So start thinking about what you actually want in terms of kitchen layout, electrical layout, networking etc.

They 'let' you deal with the kitchen providers because the kitchen allowance is so small that you can't actually physically get a kitchen for the allowance that's given.

Regans do good work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 codf

If anyone is up for starting a group of some sort(WhatsApp maybe) feel free to send me a private message. I guess for people who have signed contracts and are on that side of process. Any views on kitchen layouts, tweaks made etc would be greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement

I be up for that @codf. I'm pretty much on the same boat as yourself and we are due to sign contracts in a couple of weeks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 k_shar_162

@codf or @MMTheFanMan if you have started a whatsapp group please do let me know, would really appreciate it. We have also signed contracts for a house in Garrai Na Saili.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xingxing1118

Hi,

Any progress for Garrai Na Saili contract ? Does anyone know when can you move in ?

Advertisement