Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vintage Motorcycle without Paperwork

Options
  • 25-07-2023 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

I have a 1975 Bultaco Sherpa 350 T without any paperwork, I was wondering how I could register the vehicle in Ireland without the relevant documentation. Any help at all would greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

See VRT FAQ No. 23

A suitable dating certificate may be entertained as a last resort, but only in cases where the customer has not provided acceptable evidence explaining the absence of the original vehicle registration record e.g. a written statement from the registration authority of the previous country clarifying the position.

A "suitable dating certificate" would be either something from the manufacturer or a club. I'd ask if they'd accept a dating cert from the relevant club.

https://bultacoclub.co.uk/bultaco-id/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Given the make and model is it possible it was never registered for road use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MG650

@elperello it seems that way, it's pretty common for this particular bike to be unregistered however any buyers expect a title with the bike at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MG650

@macplaxton I emailed the manufacturer to see can I get a certificate stating the date of manufacture, I also emailed the bultaco club in the Uk so its just a waiting game now until they back to me, thank you for your help I will check out the link you provided me with. Nothing seems straight forward about it in Ireland atleast.

Advertisement