Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER rating for my house

Options
  • 25-07-2023 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

No doubt this has been covered somewhere but this might be a little more specific...

We live in a house built circa 1984 . I've gradually done bits of work on it myself as it had no insulation

to speak off, like most houses of that time I guess. I insulated the box room , front of house under converted garage. This room I also

insulated myself including under the floor, 50mm themo king. Walls, 27mm. ( garage that is). The attic is floored and fairly well insulated.

We still have oil.

My question is several really, do any of the DIY jobs I've done myself to increase the insulation increase my BER rating if I was to get a professional person

out to go over the house BER and officially rate the house.

Secondly, how many things need to be changed to get a house up to B2 to avail of the grant. I believe the grant is only good if your

house is going to achieve a B2 rating or better, after the job is done. We certainly want to re-do the kitchen and a few of the exposed walls, how much we do

I just dont know.....

Thanks folks

Rich

Comments

Advertisement