Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spotify premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 misssunshine123

Hi I'd love a space too if available. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I managed to get a Apple music account setup using the Fups card and VPN and chrome entering the card payment details.

I tried the subscription method through google play/pay but got that "your transaction can't be completed. To continue this transaction, use a different payment instruction or contact us" error. I'm thinking google are somehow blocking the transaction even with a correct an actual turkish card and VPN.

But the work around using VPN & Chrome to enter the cards payment details worked. One month trial then 19.99 TRY per month which is about 70 cent. The family pass option for up to 6 people cost 29.99 TRY. I think If required I could upgrade to the family plan via iTunes for windows , VPN and the Fups card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I haven't seen anybody post a route to Apple Music before. You're doing great work there!

Thanks,

Upgrading to family account looks possible via iTunes on PC. I installed iTunes on my PC and tried to log on with the apple id user name and password I created on the android apple music app, but it errored and directed me to go to https://appleid.apple.com/account.

It turns out you need Two-factor authentication setup. It was simple enough, I logged into apple id - https://appleid.apple.com/account, it sent a login code to my email for verification it was me, then it asked for the CVC code on my Fups card and finally asked me to enter a mobile number to add to the account to receive test messages for Two-factor authentication logon. I thought that was the end of it because I'd need a Turkish number, but it accepted my Irish mobile number and everything was set up.

I went back to iTune logged in, received the Two-factor authentication text to my mobile. It was the Turkish iTunes, I have the option to upgrade my apple music account to family. According to apple itself Android users can setup the family group and manage it from the apple music android app and send out invitations to join - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212154.

Probably should be in another thread :-)

I wonder if it's a possible to do this with Revolut or Curve cards ? it would save having to setup a Fups account and be a little less daunting for the general user !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Seeing as how I managed to set up Turkish Spotify paying through Google Pay I thought I'd give it a go with Apple Music. Had it all set up with Turkish payment option in Apple Music but it wouldn't accept Google Pay. It just asked for an alternative payment option. I didn't bother going any further with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

thanks so much for this, has really bugged me since Apple bought Shazam that Apple Music was the only easy way to listen to your library there.

I know there are text export options, but listening in app is so much more convenient, thanks a million ❤️

Just a thought but another route could be directly through iTunes on a PC . VPN turned on set to Turkey, install iTunes and set it up with a Turkish account. If you can add revolt or curve for payment you should be able to buy Apple music via iTunes.

Maybe just a Turkish itunes gift card would work and they are very easy to get from the usual places.

As for Apple music itself out of Spotify, tidal and Apple music I'll probably be sticking with apple music. I do lots of driving and use android auto , all three work well . I prefer to create my own playlist and download the music to storage rather than stream over network. I drive in places with bad mobile data. However the volume/quality of apple music seem better. There is no noticeable difference in audio level when I switch from FM radio stations to the app. Spotify and Tidal require the volume to be much higher than the FM radio.

Price wise it's the cheapest option, well there is the free tidal(us account) and free Spotify and the modded APK to remove ads but I don't like using non playstore apps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you create a thread, ill test the Revolut Avenue....

Yeah, used the Turkish Google account i had from the Deezer 1 year bargain that was here a while ago.

Used HMA vpn as I already have a subscription. Confirmed the ip was Turkish before proceeding, did the 5sim sms, order card part fine, topped it up with Revolut once I had the card details.

• Advertisement

Great Thanks for letting me know. Delighted it worked for some else.

You should be able to to use that card for Disney plus and several other services. I'll start a thread for the Fups card. 

@Gumbo I had some time to do a little more research this afternoon and found that neither Curve or Revolut could be added as payment methods on either iTunes or through apple id setup . The Fups card is required

Yeah I will check out other services too, will update in your FUPS thread, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Can't get it to take Google play payment, says not available in your country. You can update your country in rhe Google play store (which I have set to Turkey)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭davehey79

I don’t see specifics here on FUPs for Spotify. Lots Apple talk. Crux of it is on Spotify premium Ireland. Was thinking get a FUPs card setup and use for Spotify. As an existing user do I just VPN on set to Turkey. Log in and recognises me as in Turkey change payment method to Turkish FUPs card and voila I’m charged Turkish price from then on. Sorry for being a pain but I’m probably not the only one wondering

Great news, thanks.

Regarding FUPS I discovered last night that it's possible to recover your FUPS account if you're logged out of it , replace your phone or just add it to a 2nd phone if you want.

To do this you will need the FUPS Card and CVC numbers, the PIN number you assigned to it during setup and the details of the phone Turkish phone number the card was set up with.

To see the phone number in the FUPS app go "My Profile icon" and into "personal information" The Turkish phone number starting with +90 is there. It's worth saving all this information in a secure location for future reference !!!

To recover the account or add to a new phone install the app, change the language to English from the 3 dots in the top right corner

1 - After opening the app in english select - "Registered, let's go"

2 - I forgot my password

3 - Enter the Turkish +90 number for the account.

4 - Press continue and enter last 4 numbers of the FUPS card and the cards CVC number

5 - Enter your 4 digit card pin that you setup during the initial registration

6 - Select Continue and set the new six digit number password

It's actually easy to do but it very important to note all of the information used during the initial setup , most especially the Turkish number used !!!

I'll update the FUPS thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheGreatMotif

Morning all, a spot has freed up on my Spotify family. €36 for the year (PayPal or Revolut possible)

Have been running this family through Boards for 3 years with no issue. Please PM me if interested.

Post edited by TheGreatMotif on

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Can I take please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

il take a spot if theres one available. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Me too payment ready

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭galwayguy85

The trick I used (in the past) was to make an alias of an existing email address and then sign up for the 3 month trial using a ‘disposable’ Revolut credit card. A bit sneaky, but one must also question the ethics of how Spotify operates. Literally, a tiny, tiny fraction of a cent for each track that gets played goes to the band/artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Have one spot going....18 euros for 6 months. First quote reply to this is in. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Anyone got a spot free - need to get one for my kid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭RoscommonHero

Looking for a spot on a family plan if any are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

I have a spot freeing up on my Family plan commencing Oct 1st.

First to PM me committing to revolut me €36 in advance gets it.

This will be the 3rd year of this happy boardsie Family 👨‍👩‍👧!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mooz

I'll take it please

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mooz

And pay by revolut tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

@mooz and others who PM'd me. I have let you know where each of you stand in the queue of 3 people. For anyone else, sorry but with only one place to fill, the Family will likely now be full.

Advertisement