Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Verifying AA Approved and AA Roadside Assistance provided. 12 Months AA Unlimited Mileage Warranty

Options
  • 22-07-2023 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

How do I verify that what a dealership offers re warranty is legit?

Specifically: AA Approved and AA Roadside Assistance provided and12 Months AA Unlimited Mileage Warranty is offered.

I rang AA to confirm but they couldn't help much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭goochy

Would have thought dealer would very brochures / paperwork with all warranty details

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭coil1985

He only mentioned it. I have just emailed now looking for confirmation to get it in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭User1998

I’d imagine you’ll get a warranty document or a confirmation email?

As far as I know not every dealer can provide AA products. They have to be AA approved to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Dirty Nails

Think the warranty has to be from an approved garage. Know several dealers that give the breakdown cover, it's specific to the car & has to be registered by the dealer. Dealer doesn't have to be AA approved to buy that. It means even if the car is out of guarantee it has to go back to selling garage if it has to be recovered.

Got an email back from the dealership:

"The warranty covers the car like an extended manufactures except the main hybrid battery that Bmw covers, the infotainment system and the Egr valve are not coverd, other than that it a comprehensive AA warranty for 1 year unlimited mileage."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,166 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not very comprehensive as they are claiming then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

AA warranty comes with an official document with car reg and details and applicable dates and also included reference to Roadside cover also.

This is only issued by dealers who are AA approved so my advice would be to check out the dealer to see that they are AA approved. If so, they are not going to be issuing a dud warranty.

All these warranties have alot of items not covered but tbh, I'd say the AA warranty is better than car protect or mapfre from my research previously.

Is there a place to check the list of AA approved dealerships in Ireland? I can't seem to find anything on the AA website?

Saw something on cbg.ie but don't know if it'd a full list

Just saw that, don't think that's a complete list.

• Advertisement

Someone told me there is an approved repairer network (as opposed to approved dealer) being set up but it's ongoing at present. That would have been common in UK but a fairly new thing here.

Just saw on the AA site:

“We’re currently updating our AA Appointed Garages network. Please check back later for further updates”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have AA cover linked with new Hyundai cars. I didn't get any confirmation letter or document to say the same. But when I rang AA, told me the cover is there and linked with the car number plate rather than the owner.

I upgraded to Hyundai Assist Plus with €40 a year & now puncture is covered also.

Advertisement