Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Kilkenny 2023

Options
  • 19-07-2023 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

On Saturday 5th August the 2023 the 14th edition of the TdeKK rolls out from Kilkenny Rugby Club.

The charity event helps to support five local and national charities, Irish Kidney Association, Amber Women's Refuge, Thomastown Mens Shed, Irish Pilgrimage Trust and Tullogher Community Group.

The routes are unchanged at 77km, 110km and 160km and promise lots of nice views and some suffering around the roads of South and West Kilkenny.

This year's sportive is dedicated to the late Dr. Frank O'Dwyer, one of our club members, who died suddenly during the event last year.

Register on tourdekilkenny.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wijam

Was hoping to tackle the 160km this year, which would have been Day 3 of a 5 day bike-packing trip, a loop down from Dublin and back.

Unfortunately got hit down with an illness and was off the bike for 4 months, and only back on the last few weeks, so the legs wouldn't be there for it

A crying shame as looks a great event and there's always good feedback from it on here

Will have to wait a few years, but still on the bucket list

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Always love this event but I have tickets to All Together Now that weekend which is a crying shame! Great route, always a great crowd and well organsied.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Jimbo789

Do you have a file for the 110km and 160km routes?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Exiled1

160 Route: There is a cut-off time of 1.10pm at Mullinavat on this route. If you arrive after this time you are advised to follow the 110km route back to Kilkenny.

110km Route

77Km route

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Always a great event, entries still open and weather looking good for saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

Registration still open https://eventmaster.ie/event/5dbMtQvsEz

Have signed up for the 160 again, looking forward to Woodstock and the real sting in the tail Kilmanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭vintcerf

just signed up - Let's hope the weather holds out

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Absolutely savage spin lads, the 160 is definitely up there with the toughest, especially in that wind. Those drags just go on and on. Some great fast groups up to mullinavat but after that was pretty much on my own. Were the numbers down on the 160?? 40 mins slower than when i did it in 2018 tho I'm 5 years older, 10kg heavier and wasnt fighting a hurricane that day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭vintcerf

Thought it was going to be called off this morning - turned out to be an amazing day on the bike! Signage / marshals / guards / volunteers / food stops all get 10/10 from me. Only downer was seeing a guy in front of me take a gel and chuck the empty sachet on the side of the road 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭G1032

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭531

Yes it was a great spin. From the start/finish location, welcome, food (was nice to get the right food at the end of a long spin) , foodstops, route and last but not least, excellent marshalling. Well done to all involved.

Advertisement