Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay well clear

Options
  • 17-07-2023 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Lads gave my bike to a certan mobile so called bike mechanic what a complete clown of a man , tryed to sting me with a big bill 700 plus for parts etc , hada feeling something wasnt rite with him , so i gave my bike to a well known cycle store and they had no problem finding parts and were half the price ,so stay clear of arseholes like him just go to the proper cycling stores

Post edited by CramCycle on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Was he driving a hiace?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lycradublin

No transit

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Have you a breakdown of the costs (which I assume was a quote)?

I do indeed but whats d point ?? The stupid **** thought id pay any price get my bike fixed , im no fool myself ,

*********** based

Post edited by magicbastarder on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭cletus

Mostly because a good few of the regular posters here (myself included) would be interested to see exactly how much was being charged, and for what.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mod note - i've removed info which could potentially identify this business. on the rare occasion we allow posters to slate a named or otherwise identifiable business, it's from a well established and trusted poster, and that's not the case here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

100%, alot of people think bike repairs should be done at cost, possibly a fault of shops doing it like that for years. Without a break down in costs it is hard to say whether it was reasonable, a little pricey or well out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Did the 'well known cycle store' quote you for supplying the parts only or was it to supply and fit? There's a huge difference.

Supply and fit from cycling store

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

So still no details on the alleged costs from the mobile mechanic?

Given your post history, I'm not surprised!

Mod Voice: OP, put the prices up or the thread gets deleted, you haven't named the business but I know 2 that operate as mobile mechanics and no point ruining loads of businesses for your one, so far unsubstantiated, annoyance.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

As a counterpoint I used a mobile mechanic in Dublin 5 last year and had a good experience. I didn't get him to do my good bikes at the time as I wanted to see how he went with the commuter and kids bikes first but have recommended him to others since. Such convenience to have him to do the work at the house rather than having to drive to the bike shop with a load of bikes and very well priced too.

MOD VOICE: It has been a few days without response, thread closed unless i get a PM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement