Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay - Dublin 2024 - Update Post 1 on Toutless

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

what are the chances of getting tickets via pre sale are they very limited. Jeez between this and taylor swift I am gonna be skint 3 tickets for swift needed and 4 for coldplay OMFG!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Thankfully I saw them indoors, at Point for ‘a rush of blood’ and in Belfast odyssey for viva la Vida tours. Those were great, before they started their wokey multicolour dirge music.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭argolis

Was wondering the same. I signed up a few months back for their general mailing list with just my email address, but I noticed yesterday that now they have a login/register system to create an account and you tick boxes for the types of emails you want to receive. One of the four or five options was Presale Access. So if you and clairegal1 get your account created, look for that.

I imagine MCD will either use that general mailing list or else they'll launch a specific presale list for this gig in the next couple of days as bennyl10 says.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

MCD never use codes. You'll just need the link, which someone will post here nearer the time

They usually follow a set pattern too, you just need to load the Ticketmaster page and add ?did=prompre to end of the URL

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I forget how it works for gigs like this but say for example.... you're in a queue for the Thursday night gig and all of a sudden the Sunday night date pops up.... do you automatically join that queue in the event Thursday sells out? Or do you have to be on the ball and literally select the Sunday gig as soon as it pops up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭MOR316

I've no issue with Coldplay, at all. I like quite a lot of their stuff (Still think they're nowhere near U2's influence and legacy. Then again, not many are)

I wouldn't be that big of a fan I'd go to see them, but my God!! People I've known all my life, who never once said a thing about liking Coldplay are now all of a sudden, their biggest fans.

Bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Won’t be much of a presale if everyone can get in anyway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

everyone on the coldplay mailing list will get in, as will everyone on mcd's.

The days of presales being an exclusive reward and stuff are non existent. They're purely info gathering exercises

Yeah it’s really stupid. But I’ll try both anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Garth could do support. For people who only know one Coldplay song but go to the concert anyway because everyone else is going. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,160 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is like Ed Sheeran and Garth Brooks. It’s for event junkies. I know a few in work that went to see Ed and would only be able to name one or two of his songs. Same with Garth Brooks. The same people want ticks for this. I don’t really understand it. It’s a good night out for people who aren’t really into music, don’t go to small gigs / festivals but enjoy one big gig every few years. Coldplay’s music is perfect for that, bland, inoffensive and easy to listen to even if you don’t know the tunes, fancy light show and lots of gimmicks like the light up wrist bands etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Kilteragh

Looks like they haven't done 3 nights in a row on the tour so far which is understandable. They have done plenty of 4 nights out of 5 though (2 nights on, 1 night off) so Sunday might be the most likely day for an extra concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,899 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Best of luck getting tickets everyone

There will be plenty available in the weeks and months before the gig but be very nice getting the ticket cost out of the way ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭antimatterx

A max of 4 in the pre sale is a pain in the arse. I've a group of 7 wanting to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭Fanirish

You wouldn’t get a block of 7 seats even if max was 8. You’ll be lucky to get a group of 4 in the pre sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

I know this sounds weird because they are clearly not an underrated band but they often seem very underrated to me amongst music lovers. Between their technical skills on their instruments, compositions, hooks and just general catchiness consistently over such a long period of time I’ve no idea why some people still love to hate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

Not weird at all, thats actually quite accurate. There are many, who cannot stand Martin, he can be a little corny at times, and many can’t get beyond that, thats their loss, but the music and live gigs, is whats its all about, not - just, the personality, He’s quite clearly, a great band frontman.

Current album MOTS is fairly weak overall, but their “Everyday Life” album. was very impressive, and my favourite album to date, am shocked it seems to have been mostly overlooked, and they are not playing hardly anything from it live, the odd track here and there.

They have a knack for really catchy hooks, and a generally, very strong back catalog, and while i don’t normally go for it, its a feel good vibe thing at their gigs, and thats okay, once in a while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭claregal1

I wonder who will be supporting them? London Grammer were the support act for the earlier part of the tour in 2022 in Europe , wonder would it be them again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Chris Martin is a wannabe Bono without half the talent and they make the most bland and boring music imaginable. That said Viva La Vida is good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Haters gotta hate !

Coldplay have a ton of excellent pop songs to get everyone jumping around in Croke Park and singing all the words. Clocks, Charlie Brown, Paradise, Yellow, Something Just Like This, Speed of Sound, Viva la Vida ... if the weather is good it'll be a fantastic party. They are anthems that are perfect for huge stadiums. And the light show is something you won't experience anywhere else. It's an incredible show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I liked their first few albums, but since ghost stories it’s pretty much half good half filler in terms of the songs. Add in all the cheesy colors and CM jumping around the stage that came about since mylo xylo tour, the extreme dorkiness of CM, the invisibility of the other 3 guys in spite of lead guitarist being particularly exceptional, the silly galaxy themes now, I can see why people criticise them.

Hopefully those hating here won’t be in the queue but I bet they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

He maybe cheesy and I'm not the biggest fan but I agree on his choice of partners.

You can call them cheesy or dorky or gimmicky but the fact of the matter is they're the biggest band on the planet.

A lot of trolls in here looking for bites. Don't bother posting in a Coldplay thread if you're not interested. No doubt the same heads will be jumping on the bandwagon mad for tickets next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Surely won't be as pricey as Taylor Swift tickets? Still expensive I'd say. Guaranteed to be sold in minutes. I know it's expensive to put on a show in Ireland but we're a goldmine for these acts that can sell out a few nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Advertisement