Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What’s keeping you awake?

• 16-07-2023 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

It’s time for bed for many but what’s keeping you from going?

You've gone as bed but aren’t going to sleep what’s keeping you awake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭BagofWeed

Very bad news and I hope some of ye can pray. It's not for me but someone very close to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

Sorry to hear that bag of weed. Hope those you’re thinking of have support and comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,864 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Insomnia

For real cj? Is that something diagnosed and how does it bother you?

Sound. Just browsing here and on reddit while waiting on news. Bag packed as it could be a long lonely 2 hour drive yet. Keep safe, everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

The fact that both cars are giving bother and going to be an expensive fix.

And that there are 2 leaks in the roof of the house, and I can't get hold of a roofer to look at it.

Cars are an eternal cost. Times I wish I didn’t need one.

Could you have a look at the roof yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I've already redone some of the pointing between one of the tiles and the lead flashing, there's still water coming in from somewhere I can't see.

Had solar panels installed last Feb and started to notice small water spots on the walls a couple of months ago, I was putting it down to Condensation coming from the bathroom., but I found there was water getting in near where one array was installed, that's the one I have tried to repair but is still leaking. Cause and effect I think, I'm going to get the installers back to sort it.

The other leak was actually dripping in from the sitting room ceiling today, we were down west for a couple of nights away. Something made me look at the CCTV from my phone, glad I did now, had to make the 2 and a half hour trek home.

Clutch is gone in one car, and a sensor in the other.

All bad timing really, need to have a car working for Monday as the wife has a job Interview.

I'm very pissed off about it all, I'm usually the positive one in these situations.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Old age, I just don’t need as much sleep anymore. These days I never sleep more than five hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Unresting death

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Just about everything...

5 hours !! You’re lucky. Join the MS club and we’re lucky to get 2/3

Sleep deprivation is an awful thing. I used to have to endure it with work but thankfully a thing of the past.

you can never catch up on it.

I had planned an early night but have a form to fill in online. They always take way longer than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johannmall

My neighbourinos ! Whose offspring busted 24 roof tiles and left me flabbergasted as to where the leaks were coming from ! Only I caught them it ended & they drape themselves over balconies stlinking of weed , mortgage payers are dopes!

sounds like you have your work cut out there.

I approached the housing association but was told he wouldn't email 600 tenants! I've gotta say it made my life miserable, however collating one of them & promising his folks would pay for a new roof has resolved it ! Well , no more busted tiles , but roof will have to come off & ceilings replaced ! It's just not right !

Oh , for the DIY man ! TEC 7 ,is what sorted all the split tiles out & is waterproof !

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tamara25

I’ve no problem falling asleep, my problem is waking up too early.. I would be tempted to stay up during the night & sleep during the day. I find the mornings very difficult

Some good news today and thanks. A rotten few days but thank f for modern medicine and the great staff at Limerick UH and Cork UH.

good to hear good news.

having a lazy evening turned night. Watching mindless tv and playing music between cups of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭Dynomutt

Delayed sleep phase syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Power outage setting off neighbouring alarms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭apache

Have always had a problem with sleep. I wish I could have a restful nights sleep. Wide awake here. Think I'll get up and make myself a fried egg sandwich.

Jaysus is that not a bit extreme if you can’t sleep? Was that the breakfast then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I hear you. Especially during the summer for some reason. I seem to only get 6-7 hours during summer. Throughout winter, I'd easily sleep for 9 hours or more!

I’d love to get 9 hours. It hasn’t happened in years. My Fitbit shows me only getting 6 hours avg any week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭daithi7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭apache

• Registered Users Posts: 36 berniegirl

Trying to find a job!

I’m awake since 2am!

I’ve a 2nd interview tomorrow and I’m sick with worry. I’ve been a stay at home mum for so long and the transition back to work is awful. I really want to go back for my self worth (and the money is badly needed!) but by God has my confidence taken a beating. I’m actually worried that I’ll get this job. I don’t really want it. It sounds lovely but it’s a really long day (9-6) plus 25 minutes commute each way.

I’ve had interviews for public service jobs and passed and on list but it’s taking forever to get an actual position ( which may never even come up!)

anyways it’s small fish compared to other peoples lives. Wishing you all sweet dreams soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Best of luck, BG. I got a job offer on Monday after 10 months out of work and the relief is unreal. I had done *so* many interviews and just couldn't get anything over the line so I absolutely know what you mean about your confidence being on the floor.

I really hope you get this. I know 9-6 probably seems like a bit of a shock to the system after being at home for so long, but it's really only half an hour longer than most people's working day, and 25 minutes commuting is nowt. It takes me an hour to get into town on the bus and I live 6km away from Stephen's Green!

Consider this job a stepping stone back to working life. Get the head down for a year for the sake of your CV and then start looking for something that suits you better. Good luck!

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 36 berniegirl

Congratulations! That’s great to hear Dial Hard.

thank you for replying. I might not even get the job offer.

worries over 😁

Well done to you both

hope the response back is what you want and remember as Dialhard said it will do the confidences good.

best wishes. Catch some sleep

Hopefully the wind isn’t keeping anyone awake tonight.

I don’t think it will take me long to drop off tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Being inside, listening to the wind and rain would be a massive benefit to help ease me off to sleep. It seems to have eased now, which is a shame, unless of course you're caught outside. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,014 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Not eased much here, the opposite in the last 15. there is a banging side gate of my neighbours, an alarm going off and the wind itself…. Keeping me awake…actually it’s getting mentally bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭mode1990

I hope it works out the soul you're anxious about , the financial crisis put me on the verge of losing my home , I'd wake at night with what felt like 2×4 's being snapped across my neck , their letters went straight in the green bin but incidents on the dart line became really prevalent then , there's always a way out ! However if it's a terminal diagnosis then hold & kiss them , remember all the good times , b safe driving, , the weather is horrendous !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

-Why am I dyslexic?

-Agnostically wondering if there really is a dog, or not.

-How I can leave the workforce with 12 years left to retirement. Skilled, experienced and capable, but just tired of the shite, along with knowing that I have become part of that shite.

Going to go make a coffee, pat the god and throw out as many of the cats as I can find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Only thing that keeps me awake is my wife’s chronic snoring

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

OH was up at 6.15 to go do hobby, it should be against the law to be setting an alarm with a 6 in it on a Sunday morning. Still awake, time to get up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cruzka

Thoughts before sleep. Usually these are thoughts about what I did or said wrongly in my life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

Hyper. Cannot sleep. Mainly too much thinking and lucozade .

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

Anyone for an existential crisis tonight? Nah, but life is particularly difficult at moment. I’m sure I’m not the only one experiencing this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jood22

Anxious teenager starting secondary school. Doesn’t want to go to school.. dunno if we’ll get her in the door in the morning.

new job that I haven’t thought about because I’ve spent all my time worrying about child and now spiraling as that starts Tuesday!

money woes - had less money 6 years ago and didn’t stress half as much, cost of living is bonkers

A life time affection. Symptom of MS And yes, it does

congrats and best of luck to @Dial Hard and @berniegirl

Post edited by cj maxx on

Netflix kept me awake. Man vs Bee was one of those things it was hard to turn off yet I wondered after why did I watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭dougm1970

restless legs....get them every other night at least....awful to live with

Is that like the growing pains we got as kids ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

What is restless leg? I dont know what it is, but I have sympathy for you.

I think it’s when your legs have an itch you can’t scratch and you keep needing to move them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

• Advertisement
Advertisement