Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sutton Field Kilternan - new development

Options
  • 14-07-2023 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am looking to get some insights on this developement from those who moved in already, if anyone here around? How is the build quality? I haven’t found any reviews on the builders, but the show houses have some minor cracks already - is that normal for such a short time?

We are a married couple looking to raise a family here. How is the area overall, thinking of school options, groceries stores and access - which at the moment is very busy and it will get worse by the time all the houses (and apartments!) are being completed and more people will be moving in.

Any advice and recommendations are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

Post edited by Dan0705 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dan0705

Anything on this one? Anyone? Nobody around here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SkandaVale

Dan,

I am in the same boat and was wondering if you managed to get any feedback?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 topal

Small cracks are normal on new builds. Show houses are typically thrown up and finished up in a rush also.

The local catholic primary school is expanding in the next few years due to demand but distance is one of it's criteria for places so it's likely everyone in Suttonfield would get a place. Secondary schools remain an issue.

Traffic is ok currently most times. Navigation apps will often send people though Kilternan when there is a crash on the M50 leading to long delays on Glenamuck or Enniskerry road. The good news is there is a bypass that is due to start work this summer.

Area wise it's quiet enough but bear in mind virtually every bit of land down to the M50 will be built on in the coming years.

Advertisement