Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone please tell me what’s wrong!!

Options
  • 14-07-2023 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey!

If anyone can crack this then you’re good. I’ve been trying for the last three weeks now and no joy. Free product to the winner if there is one.

I have three websites, all of which are nearly the exact same just each catering to a different country. Two of the websites have a great conversion rate. The third website has a cvr rate of 0%!! As far as I can see, everything is setup properly.

I downloaded Microsoft clarity and noticed that when people are on the website, the website does load but there are no clicks from the visitor. Perhaps the clicks aren’t registering on the website? I think the traffic is of decent quality so would be surprised if poor traffic was the issue. On my the two websites with great cvr clarity does show visitors clicking and scrolling.

The website is https://ShowerGem.com and it should only allow US customers to purchase as I have the shipping blocked for all other locations. Most of my visitors are on mobile.

Thanks in advance and I’d be very very surprised if someone figures this one out. Will send you a free SGem if you can crack it :)

Best,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Are you trying to get us to click into your site and you with only 3 posts to your name. Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

This person has been a round Boards for a very long time through all stages of development with the product.

They also appeared on the Dragons Den.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's also an excellent product. I hope someone can help you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cbar22

Haha well as pointed out by other posters you got that one wrong!! I’m long past the stage of trying to get a couple of clicks thankfully and had another account with over 1000 posts to my name :)

Thanks so much!! Bit of a crazy story to date but all great and the response has been pretty insane :) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I generally show up as being from the US (or Belgium) on websites (work VPN routed through there presumably) and I can view your website no problem, I'm able to add items to the cart and proceed to checkout all the way to entering CC details. Hope that helps in some way

The answer I was hoping not to hear 😩😩😩 maybe it is traffic quality but sales literally stopped in the space of a week

Thanks for checking

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭JamBur

I'm currently in Georgia, and the site is ok for me on mobile through to the credit card stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

EDIT: That fact you mention sales stopped in the space of a week could be Google Analytics July 1st Universal Analytics shutdown. Is it just that you can't see any sales/pageviews in Google Analytics or do you know is it that sales have actually stopped coming through altogether?

It looks like a Google Analytics implementation issue to me, when I look in Google Tag Assistant, on the .com site.

I would narrow it down to 1 of 3 things (I'm a little rusty on GA troubleshooting).

It's either

1. There are 2 Global site tags on the site and they're interfering with each other
    2. Or the Global Site tags are returning "Invalid or missing account ID" errors, according to the Google Tag Assistant.
    3. Or also, it's probably worth mentioning that UA (Universal Analytics) is currently being shut down by Google and replaced by GA4. Mentioning it just in case you're looking in Universal Analytics. Data was supposed to be switched off from July 1st but in most accounts seems to be still collecting/tracking.

It should be an easy enough fix for somebody with a bit of GA4 knowledge. Max 2 or 3 hours work. More than likely less than 1 hour. Whoever looks at it would need access to Google Analytics, and probably the relevant Google Tag Manager account to sort it out. (GTM-KK84PPD)

As a side note, I have one of the Shower Gem's and would highly recommend them too. They take a lot of clutter out of the shower. Herself bought a set about 12 months ago and I was moaning putting them up that they're going to be the same as all the other stick on the wall shower caddy/bottle holders but in fairness they're much better. Very sturdy and working perfectly still. Any other cheap ones I've bought over the years lasted a couple of weeks, at most. (There's my review :-D)

Advertisement