Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clohamon - Meat Factory. Would you live there?

Options
  • 13-07-2023 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

We're thinking of purchasing a home in Clohamon, Co.Wexford. This is very near the meat factory, and I believe there's a pig farm nearby as well. We've been to the area every day this week now and there's only been two occasions where the smell was bad. 

I have a few questions:

Does the smell get very bad at times? Excuse my ignorance - but what exactly is this from? Is it the factory burning the remnants of the animals?!

More importantly is the environment safe to live in/bring up little kids in? We have two small kids and plan to have another one. I'm worried that the smoke/pollution from the factory is toxic.

Is the water safe?

Excuse me if these questions are silly!! 

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭NedNew2

I'm not from the Clohamon area but am familiar with it. I'd check if the property you're considering is east or north of the meat factory. Given that up to 90-95% of prevailing winds come from the west or south it would be a consideration if I was looking at it. The smell is likely from burning the carcasses.

I wouldn't be worried about the smoker/pollution/water, it's just the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

Tg

Post edited by bejeezus on

Advertisement