Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a VOIP phone?

Options
  • 12-07-2023 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

I'm due to have Eir FTTH BB and Phone installed next week.

Currently on Vodafone FTTC VDSL BB and phone over copper. I'm assuming they will disconnect my copper 2-Wire line phone service and give me a phone service over BB?

In advance of this can anyone recommend me a VOIP phone system which will work with the new service?

I'd need three handsets and I assume one of these (the base station?) would plug into the Eir router.

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The Eir modem has a phone port at the back (I believe it's called an ATA), that if you plug a standard phone into it, it should automatically work with the Eir service. So if you already have wireless phones you used with the old 2-wire line, this should work the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭peking97

Thanks for the above info but another thought just occurred to me....does the 59 minute time limit (before extra charges) apply to calls over BB VOIP calls just as it does over 2W copper do you know?

Advertisement