Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

get android phone show in my computer

Options
  • 09-07-2023 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Is there any way to get android phone show in my computer on pc without connecting by usb cable?. It's on the same network. It shows in the router but cannot be browsed from there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

Depends on what you need to do.

Windows Phone Link may be one option.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/sync-across-your-devices?r=1

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Benmann

I want to be able to do what I can do when it is connected by usb, browse, copy, paste. With having to connect a usb.

There are limitations.

Have a look at the link above. However, you can:

• Make and take phone calls on cellular networks (this will require your phone to be paired to your PC).
    • View your photo gallery (up to your most recent 2,000 pictures and screenshots from your camera roll and screenshots folder).
    • Write and reply to SMS text messages, send photos, emojis, GIFs and media content.
    • Message history and group chats.
    • Your phone’s contact list when you search for names or phone numbers.
    • View, dismiss, pin or clear all notifications. (You can also manage which apps have notification privileges).

• Put your phone into “Do Not Disturb” mode.

• Mute your phone if sound is playing from it.

• Play, pause and skip songs that are “now playing” (like if you have Spotify or another music player open on your phone).
    • See battery percentage, if Bluetooth is on, current Wi-Fi network connectivity, current mobile data network and strength.

Usually, if I need copies of photos or files, I just use Google Photo's and Google Drive to sync to Google from the phone and then copy from the cloud to my computer.

is that the ony way. I do not want to sign into ms. also all I need is the second of your list "view your photo gallery (up to your most recent 2,000 pictures and screenshots from your camera roll and screenshots folder)." and other files too. and copy paste. I have photos on my phone now. I want to be able to copy paste to pc without cable

• Advertisement

Generally no.

I don't even use Phone Link myself. I use Google Photo's and Google Drive for syncing.

The other option is to use a USB OTG usb drive to plug between devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

If you have Google mail link it to pc also as i have photos and contacts saved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You can use an app (Solid Explorer or similar) to create FTP server on phone and connect to that server through an FTP client on PC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement