Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky FPL 23/24

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Well. Overhaul has arrived. After a poor start I clawed things back (somewhat). Both teams in top 3k with 27 transfers left. Liam is flying atop The Boards league. A lot of opportunity for differentiation with the Overhaul, absent players, single game days, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

1020 and 1141 for me. Not happy at all. Same amount of transfers as you. Too many stupid decisions in the last month.

We are all going to have pretty much the same team after overhaul so I'm not that optimistic that there will be much movement in the next while. I think there will start seeing movement when Salah and Son come back and if and when Haaland becomes available again.

Just outside the top 1k is absolutely fine. Would be hard to win it, but there'll be no shortage of opportunities to differentiate and try and gain an edge. The standard has been rising in recent seasons definitely a lot more engaged managers - soon a finish in the top 500 will probably be the standard setter rather than top 100

Trying to finish in the top 100 for the 3rd season in a row so it's something to aim for. Would snap your hand off for that! The standard is very very high now, getting harder every year.

it would be nice if we had a good choice of strikers and defenders to put in teams but it's not really like that this season. The more players performing would definitely make it interesting. Plenty of choices in midfield at the moment.

Given the increased standard and participation, 3 top 100 finishes in a row would be absolutely superb. I'm still waiting on my 1st 😬 (came close a few seasons back 107th I think)

• Advertisement

I was 912th after 20 matches last season so I am down about 100 places. I ended up finishing 72nd. Hopefully a lot of managers ahead of us have used more transfers.

There's definitely more active and engaged managers this season. I think the World Cup game got a lot more people interested

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

What’s everyone’s strategy for the 2 short weeks.

I was thinking of starting 8 for 23 and then 1-2 transfers per day for 24, leaving me using between 3-6 Transfers over the gws. I have 23 transfers left.

I am considering having a captain for Burnley-Luton and transferring that player out after it. Think I am playing 23 and 24 combined as one normal gameweek and just having a captain for each day. Saving my transfers as there will be a lot of opportunities later on in the season for 3 for 1's and 4 for 1's due to matches getting re-arranged due to the Carabao and FA Cups. Plus City vs Brentford.

Think I'm just gonna set up for the first few gameweeks and hopefully avoid having to make any early transfers. Currently have 3 differentials in my draft (sub 20% owned in top 1k)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Glad overhaul is over now can stop tinkering with my team.

Wouldn't mind it back to be honest. Went very template with my team and regretting it!

A lot of tumbleweeds and cobwebs in this thread. All aboard the City train 😀

Up to 31st overall and 20+ transfers left. Gonna be a fun few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

edit: ignore.

Post edited by Father Hernandez on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ignore

Up to 20th overall and 15 transfers left.

Up to 92nd all of a sudden. 4th season in a row I have been in the top 100 at some point. A lot hard work to stay there though!

Advertisement