Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build deposit questions

Options
  • 06-07-2023 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

I am currently looking at a new build and I have a few questions.

I am looking at the help to buy scheme but it's needs a 70% loan to value ratio. I am currently at 68.7%. Does anyone know if there is any wiggle room on this?

I am on with my mortgage provider seeing if they can get us over the line as I did get a bonus and inflation raise that was not calculated on my approval in principle previously. On paper I think a got it but I am not 100% positive. It will take a week to get the new approval

A problem is the agent is looking for a booking deposit of €5,000 on Friday as they are holding the property for us. Is this 5K refundable if we don't get the grant? The grant is the only thing what will make this property affordable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement