Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of an era!

Options
  • 06-07-2023 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭

After a lot of years learning, breaking, tweaking, adjusting and generally messing with my Triax TD88 and various combos of LNB, Diseqc switches and receivers?

Today my last still active foreign sat sub expired and I'm not renewing it. I think it was around '09 when I 1st started playing around with Satellite and it was initially to get access to 3pm kick offs and other stuff that wasn't available on 28.2e.

Like many on here who followed the same path, I've moved everything over to IPTV. I was using some providers since 2012 or so.

I found lots of help here over the years and I hope I've returned that favour on occasion. So I suppose thanks and a not quite goodbye😉 I'll still dip in to help if I can.

I'll keep the dish up, and the receiver aside as a just in case, but most probably? It's the end is an era.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭timothydec77

I would still keep the dish up.

But the days of Satellites being the only way to receive Foreign TV is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

I remember you well got loads of help. I cant stand the lag with IPTV so got my motorised still going strong. IPTV may go belly up so keep that dish in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I certainly did. I'm still quite proud of getting 16e locked in for Digi Sport 😁 Those super slim LNB's offer tight spacing but really need a rain cover for use here 😉

I will keep the gear installed and in reserve. Actually switching off the receiver from the back last night? Was a little wrench. 1st time in years the back switch has been used for anything other than a software update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Out of curiosity, what box were you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

End of an era indeed.

Thanks for sharing! I've a similar setup, only difference is I have 28.2 on a dedicated dish. I'm using a GigaBlue UHD UE 4K with everything fed over 3 cables (one FBC for 28.2, one for 9E/13E/16E/19.2E/23.5E and one for Saorview).

The box is used every day for the Irish/UK channels, but is rarely used for the other sats as it's FTA only now.

Post edited by JDxtra on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Various over the years but last one was a Mutant HD51 4K and all of the boxes since 2011 or so running Vix images.

Advertisement