Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father of the Bride... Dress Suit or Not

Options
  • 06-07-2023 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

Hi All

just wondering - does the Father of the Bride have to wear the same outfits and the Groom & Best Men???

The Groom and Best Men have been fitted out recently ... but I have been told that I can wear my own suit on the day.

So - just want to ask what Boardies think of that ??

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

Ah no you just wear your own suit, sure the mother of the groom doesnt match the bridesmaids like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

It can be either way, at my wedding both fathers wore dress suits. You could have a chat with the Father of the bride. Maybe go to the same place and get fitted with a nice suit or a dress suit. If I was in your shoes I'd want to wear a new shrap suit, which is a lot of money or a dress suit - probably best to hire something but you might have to pay for it yourself.

Remember the Bride will be stressing and your son is probably just going with the flow. Make it stress free for them, just agree it with the FOB and let them know incase they have an issue with it.

Advertisement