Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA on Irish Ferries

Options
  • 05-07-2023 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭

Will be on Cork to Roscoff this Saturday when the hurling semi final is on, do they ever show GAA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Not sure about the ferry but be careful with data if you try to use your phone. Can be extortionate at sea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,851 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

no idea if they show it normally, but it will be on BBC 2 Northern Ireland "on SkyQ/Sky+HD channel 970 and Freesat HD channel 969" (according to google) should you need to ask them to tune in a channel which doesnt require an irish sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Oh aye, aware of this. And the crappy wifi.

So hopefully it's on a TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Travelling tomorrow on IF Dublin - Cherbourg.

Hoping they'll have the hurling semi on.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rossj

Hi all,

I bought a 4 berth cabin in the end.. but is there any way to advertise to some other solo traveller to offset the price or is this is a no-no?, is there not a huge number of empty beds in 4 berth cabins and then some people booking at v. last minute with neither a seat nor a bed? seems a waste but I understand people not wanting to share as they do seem fairly tight cabins..e

Post edited by rossj on

• Advertisement

Just figured out I'm actually on Brittany Ferries...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,851 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

thats why I mentioned how to tune the telly

Irish ferries from Dublin to France (not Cork) have RTE 1 and 2 on the tellys in the rooms so you dont even need to go to the bar.

Got to see Galway v Limerick on Cork to Roscoff in the bar on Brittany Ferries anyway.

No TV in room.

Advertisement